Monday, September 30, 2013

with sympathy (RIC)

ETA:  Ha!  Typical me.  Missed the deadline but here it is anyhoo.

Card to share for the Runway Inspired Challenge #44.  It's been too long since I played over there and this photo spoke to me with its wispy branches and natural makeup.


This translated to this card.


Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink with a hint of a moon in Shaded Lilac.  A portion of a Crafter's Workshop mask.  And the serenity of the scene spoke sympathy to me.  On vellum in a nod to the sheer layers of the gown.

Thanks for visiting.


Supplies with sympathy:
Paper: cardbase TPC, vellum
Stamps:  sentiment PTI
Ink: Distress, StazOn
Tools: mask TCW
Other: 

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Maria! This is fabulous! Love the ink blending!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

gasp!!!

shirley-bee said...

Aw, shame you missed the deadline, this would have been a definite contender! Love the strong background colours, then the soft vellum banner.

Darnell said...

That is SO too flippin' bad, Maria, because I totally think this would have WON!! Pinning!! Hugs, Darnell

Taheerah said...

Absolutely breathtaking!!!

Susanne Vargas said...

Ahh, too bad that you missed the deadline! It's a great take on the challenge! I especially love the moon!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

*Gasp!* This is stunning!! I love the dark, dark blue with the moonlight just barely peeking through the night. It's spectacular! I have this mask and now I know exactly what I'm going to try next time I get a moment in the craft room! Awesome inspiration, Maria! Thank you!

Tasnim said...

Wow! This looks so realistic! Simply Amazing!!
I went back and checked the entries, as I couldn't believe I missed seeing this card...well until I read the first line in your post. Don't miss next time! :)

Cathy Michels said...

This is a beautiful use of the stencil! Love the simple layout - adds to the serenity and quiet message of the card. And the deep blue with the moonlight is perfect. Cathy

Unknown said...

pub worthy baby! i love the saturated colors and perfect inking. beautiful card.

Jenny said...

Simply stunning!! Your inked night sky is just amazing.... This has to be a winner :0)

Karen said...

Stunning is exactly right! This is a beautiful card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...