Sunday, September 22, 2013

in transition (Moxie Fab, SSS)

Warning:  Lousy photo coming at you and no, I'm not getting into the trend of "staging" my photos.  It's 11 p.m. here and I finally made the card I'd been thinking about for the Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab World.

Image Credit
May I say I love this image.  And it's from a German gallery!  Of course my stamping mind first went to the idea of layering striped stamps.  But take another look at that image - how the heck would you achieve that look?  Methinks it would require lots of creative inking and maybe even paints and combs for some texture. No time for 'xperiments.

So... Ardyth P.'s cool card for Bev's birthday was somewhere in my cranial crannies.  Then the title of the challenge hit me.  "In Transition."  Hmmm, die cuts and transition.  How about the transition from teenager to adult?  It's happening in our family next year.  So...


Some Roy G. Biv (great way to use up scraps).  Some Parker die cut numbers from Memory Box. And cuz you can get that great die and the Simon Says stamp I used around the edges (from Absolutely Delightful) at Simon Says Stamp I'm hooking up to the current challenge.  Some piggy-backed gold on black sequins to anchor the corners (cuz the stamping looked suboptimal where the patterns met ;) and voila!

Good night.  It is here anyway.  Thanks for looking.  Hope your week is a good one.


Supplies for new day
Paper: CS  Bringmann, scraps
Stamps:  border SSS, sentiment Hero Arts
Ink : Memento
Tools: die Memory Box
Other: gold and black sequins

15 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cool card!! :)

Geri said...

Great design, Maria! Love the gold topping off your number line...especially against the black! Looks awesome!

Unknown said...

fabulous!!!! i love the angled panel and perfectly aligned diecuts.

donna mikasa said...

Very cool take on the Trigger! I love the pop of gold and the story behind the "transition", plus that cool angle!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Too bad I am not in Duesseldorf - would immediately run to this galerie to see the originals.....Great take on the inspiration pic!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Ups, forgot - I have a surprise for you on my blog - hop on over and check it out
http://fun-stamping.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html
I hope you won't turn it down!

Hannelie said...

It looks fab!

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! Love the rainbow numbers ending with the pot of gold 18, and how the exclamation is against the white background - more emphatic. And I love the angled black panel.

Jo Nevill said...

What a great fun, colourful card
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week and happy hopping !

Jo x

Happy Dance said...

I love that you went in a completely different take! It's got all the elements, but in a wonderfully unique way. Great card, Marie. Very cool. Bev

Susanne Vargas said...

Totally love your take on the trigger! Great card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Ardyth said...

This is also stunning - you are so talented! I love the way you transitioned to adulthood and tied it to the trigger. And may I say 1) thanks for the shout out about Bev's card, and 2) one of my early attempts at this trigger had me get a comb out - but the effect too subtle. I am pinning this one for future casing!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card ! I love the whole design of this !! WOW !! this is stunning :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Kelly Griglione said...

Ahh, love, love, love! Love your thought process (thanks for sharing it!) and your gold 18 at the end!! Oh, and the angle too. A wonderful card, Maria F.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...