Wednesday, September 25, 2013

pti september bloghop (PTI, Moxie Fab)


It's time for another PTI blog hop. Well I'm "sharing openly" and will certainly "leave inspired" but as for "being creative" I took a couple short cuts.

First off, the wreath. I've used it before for a hop. But I love it. This stamp set was one of the first reasons I ever googled to see what the heck Papertrey was. (Can you believe that?) And the theme of this blog hop is  wreaths...

And the gold ink... well I'm hooked on it lately and it was just laying there on my messy workspace. Decided to pair it with neon pink this time around.  And add a slice of that yummy Pink Paislee metallic paper I fell in love with at Danielle F.'s blog last holiday season. And ink the edges of my die cut mat with gold ink a la Maile B.  See what I mean about cheating in the creativity department?!?! 


I inked a strip of white CS to add next to the gold metallic paper to add more of the pink. (I think that's a Jennifer McG. stroke of genius, BTW). As for the crochet thread bow... that was my idea and maybe not such a good one. Oh well. What would you have added instead of the bow?  I'd love to know.

Here's another shot of that Delicata gold pigment ink yumminess.


I'm hooking up to the Moxie Fab World "All that Glitters is Gold" Challenge too. Thanks for visiting. Hop along now.


Supplies my dear friend:
Paper: cardbase Bringmann, PP Pink Paislee
Stamps:  PTI Wreath for all Seasons and Irresistibly Ikat
Ink: pink Aladine, gold Delicata
Tools: die PTI
Other: crochet thread, foam adhesive

29 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Just gorgeous!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Wow

Michelle said...

So pretty, Maria!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Maria, this is a joy to look at! So delicate and very pretty!

Unknown said...

Beautiful gold and pink!

~amy~ said...

super pretty!!!!

Sue McRae said...

Love the gold and pink together, so very elegant.

Connie MacFarlane said...

Oooooh, very pretty! Love the pink and gold!

Lee said...

This is so pretty and the gold and pink are a great combination.

Sanketi said...

I love the pink and gold combination!

Shay said...

Gorgeous card, Maria! Love, love the gold.

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous - another fan of the gold & pink!

Cindy H. said...

This is gorgeous!! I think that little pink bow just adds to the pink POP - love it!

Anonymous said...

Completely breathtaking, Maria ... I LOVE the pink and gold, it's so simply delicious! The pop of pink on the bow is so sweet ... to answer your question ... wonder how it would be with a bow of gold strands to go with the gold strands on the wreath? Thanks so much for coming by my blog and for your congrats on my Tuesday Trigger card! Anita :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Maria I am loving your use of the gold paper and gold embossing. So beautiful!

Shelly said...

*Okay, let me just pick up my jaw off the floor!...* This is a STUNNER!! Simply, gorgeous! LOVE.IT. :)

Leigh Penner said...

Looks like we were on the same wave length with our cards! Yours is lovely!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh yes, yes, neon + gold = awesomeness!!! Love it! When I read your "sharing openly" comment I was wondering what juicy craft gossip you were going to share : ) As much as I've seen the blog hop banner, I don't think I've actually read it until now. Thanks!

shirley-bee said...

Gorgeous combination of colours and patterns - love the bold heart pattern alongside the delicate wreath. I'd have probably done a bow too.

Darnell said...

Are you kidding, Maria? I love it just the way you did it and I'm not just saying that. Ask others, I do say if I think something else would work, but you have such an artistic eye with your designs that I've never once thought so much as a "Hmmm ...." about one of your cards. This one is so you, so beautiful and just right!!

Karen said...

This is simply stunning! That patterned paper is gorgeous, and somehow I missed seeing it on Danielle's blog.

Jingle said...

This is SO sweet! I love the gold heart border!

Kristii said...

Beautiful!! Love the gold accents!!

Michelle said...

Be still my heart...this is soooo sweet and precious!!! Love it, Maria!

nancy said...

Neon pink and gold were meant to be together. Your card is glorious. And you were creatively using others' inspiration, Maria. Well done.

Lindsey said...

So so pretty! Love the pink and gold. And I can see why you fell in love with that paper.

tonyamaries said...

Very pretty! I love, love, love Delicata gold!

Arielle H Gordon said...

This is beautiful - LOVE the pink and gold!

victoria h said...

Beautiful card

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...