Tuesday, April 30, 2013

first time fusin' (Fusion, Moxie Fab, Amusing)

First off, green and purple go together.  The proof is in... my front yard.  (Darnell K., notice the dandelions... so much for your theory!)  BTW, this is what I see when I gander out the window as I'm sitting on the floor photographing my cards perched on a dining room chair.  And the sun even came back today - YIPPIE.  Well, not so yippie for photographing cards...


It took awhile but I've finally taken the Fusion Card Challenge.  Another challenge idea from Jackie R.  This time it's to see whether a sketch or an inspiration OR the combo of both is the most popular among cardmakers.

My concoction went about 85% sketch, 15% inspiration photo.  Must admit I added my own constraints since this is to be a thank you card for DD to send to Oma and Oma knows what DD's confirmation card looked like. Now you do too...


Sooo... keeping it themed...


I stamped and watercolored some more of these blooms and die cut a circle.  I heat embossed the sentiment, applied a couple brush strokes over it and ironed off the embossing when it was dry for a cool batik look.  The little heart embellie evolved after a peek into my purple scrap drawer!

Playing in the Wonder of Watercolor challenge at Moxie Fab.  Again. (Blushing).  And it's Anything Goes at Amusing Challenge.



Supplies vielen dank:
Paper: cream CS Bringmann, watercolor paper Herlitz
Stamps: Scenic Route,  sentiment Mia's Stempelküche
Ink : Memento, watercolors, Versamark
Tools: water brush, iron & scrap paper
Other: clear embossing powder, fiber, heart sequin





13 comments:

shirley-bee said...

This version looks fab too! I like that purply brushstroke band - looks like voile floating through the air.

Michelle said...

Beautiful, Maria! I also love your purple tulips! I wish I lived in a climate where I could grow tulips (and other bulbs), it's too hot here.

Geri said...

Oh, man!!! The purple looks gorgeous in there! You know I liked the first one, but this one is gorgeous, too...and so nice for the Fusion sketch!!!

Happy Dance said...

Gorgeous cards. You have rocked the Fusion challenge here. Love that wonderfully unexpected splash of purple! Perfect touch. My tulips are ready to burst open, and my daffodils are smiling at the sun already. Spring really has arrived! Your garden looks lovely. Bev

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

ohhh love the blues and greens on here! Beautiful card!!

~amy~ said...

Both of your cards are so pretty...love the peek at your beautiful yard, sigh, I'm such a black thumb. Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

Unknown said...

Loverly! Don't blush...you're sooo gonna win that challenge! :)

Alice said...

love that you paired the green/mint with gold and purple. very pretty cards!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous! You are so talented!
Thank You!!

Brandi said...

Wow! These cards are so beautiful! Love the technique you used!

Darnell said...

Oy, I have a theory bout dandelions? Yikes. I mean, oh, how about that!(And I love that you included the initial of my last name, like there are two Darnells! Hey, it could happen - look how we now have two Geris!!) Anyway, enough about me. Thank you so much, Maria, for sharing your stunning photo. You have an even prettier view than I do and that's saying a lot. I totally am swooning over those tulips in that color!!

Your cards, as ever, are winning masterpieces (in my book)! Just astounding!!

Lyndal said...

Two gorgeous watercolour cards Maria!
So glad you joined in experimenting @ FUSION this week - hope to see you again soon :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...