Saturday, April 27, 2013

heaven = watercolor + sequins (Moxie Fab, The Kraft Journal, SSS)

First off, I'd like to thank Cath at Moxie Fab for putting up a challenge to use watercolors.  Next, I'd like to apologize for taking up so many parking spaces over there.  But when I see something this yummy I just can't stop...


Soaked the watercolor paper and started applying some yellow and then different blue and green tones.  Hmmm, when to stop?  When is enough enough? But my biggest problem with a piece like this is what to do with it next.  I hate having to cut into it or cut it apart.  It pains me.

So I opted to basically use one complete half of the background.

Thanks to the challenge at The Kraft Journal to Reuse or Recycle, I now have one less piece of cardboard box cluttering my craft room.  And an artsy fartsy companion for my watercolored panel :)


And it wouldn't be me of late if there weren't a few token sequins.  I'm so in love with gemstones' mailable cousins.

I kinda like how the black sentiment jumps out at ya.  And how the texture of the white CS is reminiscent of an artist's canvas.  Fun, fun, fun.  Speaking of which, I'm joining in the Anything Goes fun over at Simon Says Stamp too.

Thanks for looking.



Supplies Thank you:
Paper: CS American Crafts, watercolor paper, recycled box and black paper 
Stamps: 
Ink : watercolors
Tools:  paint brush, die (Provocraft)
Other: sequins



12 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love all the texture!

shirley-bee said...

Love the colours you've used, and the bold black sentiment. And the sequins are the perfect embellie.

Happy Dance said...

You've got a stunner here. These colors, especially your use of yellow, are beautiful together. I love how you've put the appropriate color of sequins on each color section. Perfect. Gorgeous. Bev

~amy~ said...

Super love this.

Geri said...

Oh my, I LOVE that!

Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE this!!! The contrast between the watercolor background the cardboard and the sequins is fantastic!

Dawny P said...

This is lovely - a wonderful design :) Thank you so much for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

Karen Letchworth said...

Maria: I love how you've used the rough kraft corrugated texture against the soft background. It's a lovely contrast. Thanks for sharing your time and talent with us this week, and please come back soon so we can see more of your awesome work!
Blessings,
Karen
The Kraft Journal

Unknown said...

I love the layering with texture and color...the softness of the colors and the roughness of the cardboard...gorgeous! and the sequins...love 'em!

Anonymous said...

It's great how you present the lush, pure watercolor, no hedging; and the ocmposition is simple and powerful. I love it!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

very artsy...I like it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...