Wednesday, October 21, 2015

day 2 STAMPlorations spotlight - Hope Blooms


Welcome to Day 2 of the STAMPlorations October release Spotlight where it's all about Shery's new set called HOPE BLOOMS. Besides some more great words for use on cards or journal pages, there are a couple of block images.


I decided to see what I could do with that block of butterflies. And kraft CS.




Drew a pencil line down the middle of my kraft CS piece and stamped the image with white pigment ink using a lined acrylic block, trying to keep the image lined up down the middle. Then I colored the butterfly with blue colored pencils. Love how the white pigment details still show through the coloring. Heat embossed my sentiment with WOW! opaque powder. Adhered to a yellow cardbase and voila!

Check out what the rest of the team made! You'll find links to all our projects here.

As always, Shery is being generous with the prizes:
  • SEVEN (7) commenters randomly drawn from the designers' blogs will each win a $10 gift certificate.
  • ONE (1) commenter randomly drawn from the STAMPlorations blog will win a $25 gift certificate.
  • THREE (3) players randomly drawn from the Fall Flower Flash Linky Party will each win a stamp set from the new release.
I'm late to the party over at Kathy R.'s, but she's challenging us to color every day, even if for a short time. I don't know that I will be doing that, but there is something totally mesmerizing about coloring, as I found out in yesterday's (Zig) and today's (colored pencild) projects. Check it out!


26 comments:

  1. This is so clever and pretty! Love that technique with the white embossing powder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this is beautiful! Love the butterflies and embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! I love what you did with this stamp!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a totally gorgeous card ..,I love the unique way you have used this stamp....So clever !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for visiting my gratitude journal this morning and posting a comment! Yes, I did have fun coloring that sheet with colored pencils yesterday. The main body of my 30-day-coloring challenge work is over on my craftin' bliss blog, but I was due for a posting on my gratitude blog, hence the link to it instead! =0) We are blessed, for we have color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you stamped the image. Makes for a great card design. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always a great colour combination with the kraft card. Very clever idea to stamp it multiple times. Love this card x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOH, love how you stamped the design multiple time and colored only one butterfly on each. Thanks for the idea; I am going to have to case this. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like lace with inlaid color. The butterfly almost looks transluscent. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, that white shines through and is a fantastic background! The blue butterflies are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Great design. White on kraft is always so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great card. Love the tile effect and use of embossing powder! Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness - what a beautiful and dramatic card Maria!! Love it.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so clever and pretty!! Love it!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so different and so wonderful! I love the fact that you used the white and only coloured the butterflies - it's so graphic and immediately the blue butterflies pop perfectly. Thanks for the blog hop and for sharing your creations with us Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maria, another wonderful and delightful creation. I am a lover of butterflies on cards and well, I just love this .xx
     {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful, Maria! I love how you focused on the one butterfly, and I love the repetition!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card Maria...love the mixture of techniques on this card...

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty - and very neat! I'd never get the images to line up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, Maria ... striking and so gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. White on kraft is such a great combo, and the blue butterfly really pops against the background. Such a clever idea to stamp the image multiple times!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW your card is jam packed with so much of technique and is such a beauty...the butterflies look gorgeous
    and Thank you for a chance to win
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    soniasv@rediffmail.com
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead... make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...