Monday, February 10, 2020

STAMPlorations release - layered vase


There's a new release in town. Over at the STAMPlorations shop. Have you seen it?

We're inspiring you today with Layered Vase, another addition to Shirley B's collection of sketchy, layered stamp sets.


Oh my goodness - the possibilities. I have no idea how Shirley comes up with these things, but I have a total blast playing with them. Ready for card #1?

Distress inks

Pretty straightforward. A vase of tulips as intended ;) Just used my MISTI to ink up the solid images separately with  yellow, pink and blue, creating those additional color areas where those three tones overlapped.

Then, of course, I had to think outside the box. I love to turn Shirley's sets upside down or sideways to see what I see. What do you see? I saw fish! And even seaweed!

Distress inks

Basically a similar technique here. Used my MISTI to ink the solid shapes separately (one fish rainbowed and two with Dried Marigold and Spiced Marmelade).

Added to my underwater scene with some circles traced through a stencil and some seaweed along the ocean floor. SUCH fun.

Hope you enjoy today's post. Be sure to check out all the DT's creations over at the STAMP blog. And leave comments, there are prizes to be won - a $20 gift code and a stamp set from the release.

In addition, the four new stamp sets being released are 10% off automatically until February 19. If you use my STAMPGIRLMARIA designers' code you'll get an extra 20% off too!

Thanks for stopping by. I'm stopping by at Craft Stamper Take it Make it for February and also Happy Little Stampers - CAS

24 comments:

Mac Mable said...

I sure did enjoy the post and you have showcased Shirley's new stamp set to perfection. Such an artsy and pretty first card and how creative are you with the second.....so very clever and fun x.

nancy dempsey said...

Amazing! The fish are adorable and very unique.

Suzanne H said...

Oh my! I cannot believe your turned those tulips into fish! What a wonderful idea. I also really like the rainbow effect.

Jean said...

I LOVE this set! Gorgeous cards! Such fun with the fish!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your cards are beautiful! So clever and creative to use the flowers as fish - they look amazing! Well done!

MadeByMeghanK said...

So clever! Love the colors and the fishes!

Sue D said...

Love the multiple colors and your creativity using this set.

Gail said...

The colors of the flowers and fish are amazing - so beautiful - TFS your art!

Germaine said...

Great fish! Thanks for demonstrating smother great use for these fabulous new stamps!

JenniferE said...

Great cards!! Love how you made fish....brilliant!

Esther Asbury said...

Two lovely cards --- that fish one is so clever!!

Heather said...

Well, aren't you just the creative one! What a fun idea to turn the flowers into fish! Both cards are fabulous!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the rainbow flowers but what amazes me is your outside the box idea and they do look like fish. Awesome!

terrie said...

Well done on the flower and fishes...great cards

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome cards! Very imaginative to create the fish!

Dana M said...

Wow, so creative! I love how you used the floral images to create fish. Fabulous colors and texture of the ink.

Greta said...

Totally delightful cards, Maria--great new set!

Anita in France said...

What delicious blooms, Maria ... and such creative genius seeing the fish in that set ... they're brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

Valerija said...

Absolutely beautiful cards. Love the soft colours.
Valerija xx

Jasleen Kaur said...

Your first card is a true masterpiece, and the second one, omg, how creative is that! Love your clever idea!! :) Gorgeous CAS cards!

Tina Z. said...

very pretty!

Neets B said...

I only added this stamp set to my wishlist yesterday! I love your rainbow flowers and bravo for thinking outside the box too! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers, Anita x

Santa said...

Thank you so much for entering the Craft Stamper February challenge! However, more than one project in a single blog post doesn't fit our guidelines, so please try again with a different post. Thank you for your understanding, we love your work! http://craftstamper.blogspot.com/p/challenge-guidelines-june-2015.html

Chrissie said...

I must apologise for this tardy visit but someone made February go too quickly!
These are simply beautifully done!
Thanks so much for joining us at HLS CAS Challenge!
Chrissie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...