Monday, February 17, 2020

fun with funky fossil designs adventure

Happy Monday! I had some fun this weekend with some new stamps from Funky Fossil Designs (I won a GC at Time Out and of course I had to pick up a few things while I was at the store ;).

My first play was with the Quirky Owls. Check them out here.

I also picked up Adventure and made two cards to share with you today.

First one turned out exactly as I'd hoped. I think this image is so cool.


Stamped it in black on PP and then heat embossed the sentiment in white onto vellum that I stitched loosely to the front. I'm thinking this could make a good card for a graduate or someone starting a new job or moving to a new city.


My second card... well, a good idea but lousy execution.  I'm sharing it anyhoo.


I was going for a sunrise feel. DH says it looks like the forest's on fire. Oops. Next time I'd use sponge daubers to apply ink to the stamp rather than the ink pads. Or maybe mask the image and apply ink behind it? I heat embossed the sentiment over the hot mess to hide a bit of it ;)


Fun, fun, fun. I just noticed Sarah is having a sale at Funky Fossil. 15% off until midnight tonight.

Thanks for stopping by. I'm stopping by at:
Daring Cardmakers - Something you Love (that image of mountains/trees)
Creative with Stamps - Red

4 comments:

Anita in France said...

I was thinking autumn foliage rather than flames, Maria ... the image and sentiment pop brilliantly against all the crisp white! Cool effect of the white embossed vellum overlay on the black stamping ... stylish and dreamy! Hugs, Anita :)

Maria Valente said...

Great project! Thank you for sharing with us at Creative With Stamps.
Crafty hugs

Dawn said...

Stunning creation. I can see why you love it. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

Dorlene Durham said...

Both of these cards are fabulous! Thanks for joining the challenge at Creative With Stamps. Dorlene DT CWS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...