Tuesday, February 25, 2020

STAMPlorations inspiration #256

Time for another Tuesday inspiration from the STAMPlorations inspiration team!

This month I've been creating cards using a design I love but rarely remember to use. It's great for one layer cards - the split design with a sentiment in the middle area.

Well today's card was a leftover from last week's which was a combo of two ideas. Use a stencil to create the images and make your own stencil using a cover plate die! And when you've used the fussy cut portion of the die cut as a stencil and inked through it, you just can't throw that beauty away!

Distress inks - Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon, Old Paper, Iced Spruce

That white portion of the die cut along the bottom was covered by my mask when I inked last week's card. I thought about inking it up for today's but then decided I liked that added unexpected touch of white.

You could win yourself a $10 GC to the store by leaving a comment on this month's inspiration posts! Check out today's post here. And as always, I'd appreciate it if you used my STAMPGIRLMARIA discount code for an additional 20% off your order from the store - at no extra cost to you, just perks for me ;)

For more inspiration using only a portion of this cover plate die, check out this card.

Thanks for stopping over today. Have a great week.

I'm hooking up at Die Cut Divas where it's about Hearts and Flowers this month and at SSS Wednesday where it's about Add a Sentiment.

7 comments:

Dana M said...

Beautiful card! I love the clean design. I love how you used the die that was previously used as a stencil.

Arlene said...

I'm a nothing goes to waste kind of gal and I love how you used this left-over die-cut. Very intriguing leaving the bottom white. I like it! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our February challenge

MadeByMeghanK said...

What a cool design! Love the color!

Witchcrafted Life said...

The unexpected touch of white works awesomely here. Great call! This is such a fresh, beautiful design.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

Gail said...

Very nice work here - I like how the bottom is not colored - great job!

Greta said...

Super cool card!

Renee Moran said...

This is pretty and I really think innovative too! Great floral for this technique. Thank you for playing along with us for the Die Cut Diva's February challenge. -Renee'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...