Friday, November 5, 2021

simon says stamp - creepy crawlers not just for halloween

I've had a play with the Creepy Crawlers background stamp and discovered it doesn't have to be just for Halloween (IMO). I used the spiders to add interest to a November birthday card for a guy.

Here it is.


Inkystamp sentiment
Altenew Tranquility inks, distress oxides, silver and bronze embossing powder

There's actually quite a bit happening on this card. I was trying out new-to-me products. First I inked up a panel of Neenah white with the blue grays from Altenew. Decided it made a good night sky so I splattered some water and then some watered-down Black Soot ink. (See what I did with the leftover Black Soot on my next card ;)  Then I opted for some creepy crawlers hanging around in the night forest, first in gray then purple oxides.

Since this card is for a man and not a kid I had to cut the cute so I went with the leaf and an artistic sentiment, both heat embossed onto shimmer gray cardstock in two tones of powder. I love the effect. 

So I mentioned the leftover Black Soot. Did I mention I have a guy friend with a Halloween birthday? Enter more creepy crawlers.



I picked up the leftover ink with a panel of Neenah and then stamped the spiders. Used the numbers die cut negative piece which was laying around to back my sentiment and added a few dots of fake Nuvo drops which fit the grungy feel of this card perfectly. There's a belated birthday greeting stamped inside!

Thanks for visiting. I'm enjoying being back playing with my supplies. I'm hooking up at the SSS Monday Challenge where it's about Any Holiday Occasion and also the Stamptember Gallery cuz these creeply crawlers were part of that release.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...