Wednesday, March 11, 2020

altenew march challenge

I had to join in over at this month's Altenew challenge. Norine is so inspiring, I love the colors she chose and add succulents to the equation... it was a no brainer!


And could I be more predictable? Mega Succulent here I come.

white embossing powder


I love how Norine did her BG so I mixed up some green, blue and purple watercolor and had some fun watercoloring the heat embossed image.

I decided to turn it into a sympathy card. Isn't that a great sentiment for those times when you're truly at a loss for words. The inside reads "sharing in your sorrow".

Then I made a totally different version using up the watercolors that were on my palette. I thought the purple in my first card seemed a bit too bright for the inspiration photo. And the blue touches on some of the leaves kinda disappeared. So I pulled out the flowers.

Altenew watercolors
white embossing powder

I heat embossed, watercolored and die cut the peony and leaves. For my background I stamped all the happy birthday sentiments as they are on the packaging, heat embossed them and did a light wash of green over them. And added some green splatters. And Nuvo drops. Figured the background did the talking so I skipped an additional sentiment.


Have you played along? Why not give these colors a try?

I'm joining the fun at:
The Daily Marker - 30 Day Coloring Challenge (first day in my craft room since it started)
The Flower Challenge - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers - Watercolor

3 comments:

Anna M. said...

Absolutely stunning!! The Mega Succulent is one of my favorite Altenew stamps and you did such a wonderful job watercoloring it!

Thank you for sharing your work in our Happy Little Stampers watercolor challenge & we hope you will join us again in the next HLS Challenge!.
Anna – Design Team member at Happy Little Stampers

Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
Thank you!

Sue - said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge.

Viv said...

Such beautiful cards, thanks for sharing one with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...