Saturday, October 12, 2019

simon says stamp - more marie snowflake


Back today with more makes with the "Marie Snowflake" I got to play with for the Cheer and Joy release over at Simon Says Stamp.

Marie Snowflake die

I'm sharing my design process with you for the cards I created using this snowflake die. As I mentioned earlier I googled Christmas trends for 2019 and this site provided all the inspiration I needed to jumpstart my mojo.

Next up is Simple Christmas - actually a decorating trick I love to use. A branch to hang things from.

Christmas Decor Trends Of 2017

SSS Marie Snowflake die
white embossing powder

This is my favorite design of all five. The simplicity of the pine branch with the stark white... and that yummy gold flake. I couldn't distract from that with a sentiment, so I heat embossed my sentiment along the bottom edge in white too. See it?


And then... I'm calling this one Farm House Christmas - as in Joanna Gaines kinda farmhouse ;)


 SSS Marie Snowflake die

I love that door mat. Perused my PP stash and found this pattern. Of course you could stamp yourself a plaid on kraft too. Added another PP with a touch of red, a white snowflake and a green wreath to wrap around it. A few sequins finished off my design.


This next card was born from the same PP pad. Just took the kraft up a notch with the black and gold, having seen so much of it in this Christmas trends post.

 SSS Marie Snowflake die
gold embossing powder

Since I'd chosen this busy background I backed the two black snowflakes with a circle from another PP to block out some of the busy pattern. I also chose to leave the cut pieces in the gold die cut for more shine. 


Hope you've enjoyed seeing how Christmas trends led me to these designs. You can check out all the new products in the Cheer and Joy release here and all the lovely makes with the products in this gallery.

Thanks for stopping by. I'm stopping by at:
Winter Wonderland - Merry and Bright
SSS Wednesday Challenge - Christmas
Happy Little Stampers - Christmas with option of Twinkle

3 comments:

Janice said...

Fabulous design. Thank you for sharing with us at the Winter Wonderland Christmas challenge, hope you can join
us again soon - Janice DT

Chrissie said...

What absolutely fabulous designs for your Christmas cards... they are totally inspirational and truly beautiful!
Thanks so much for sharing with Happy Little Stampers Christmas challenge!
Chrissie

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous collection of festive cards and they really showcase the versatility of those wonderful die cut snowflakes!
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.
Hugs
Carol x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...