Tuesday, May 21, 2019

STAMPlorations inspiration #217

Welcome to another Tuesday inspiration from the STAMPlorations inspiration team. Today we're having fun with all the wonderful flower stamps available in the store.
  
Until May 31, products in the Flower Power section of the store will be 15% off instantly + with my STAMPGIRLMARIA code you can get yourself up to 35% off! There are so many to choose from. I chose a floral bouquet for a technique that I wanted to try.

Distress Inks

The whole point of this technique is that it works great with a stamp positioner. First you ink a stamp with multiple colors (or make multiple passes inking only a portion of the stamp each time), spritz the stamp with water and then stamp onto damp watercolor paper. I did that. The colors bleed a bit which is the desired effect. Then when it's dried, you stamp again with black ink.

I pulled the panel out to dry it with my heat tool and apparently didn't line it up right when I put it back in my MISTI. The black outline is offset. It kinda looks like it's all blurry. Worse in the photo than IRL ;) Must give it another try.

Anyhoo, I added some watered down ink to some of the blooms and then splattered the panel too. I tore the edges and ran my paintbrush along them. I just love the sentiment.

I've used this floral bouquet stamp in a completely different way in this post and colored it with Zigs  in this post too.

You could win yourself a $10 GC to the store by leaving a comment on today's inspiration posts. Check out today's post here. Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Your flowers turned out beautifully! I love the colors and your sweet sentiment! As far as the black goes, I thought you intentionally off-set it a bit to give it the artistic look that it has going on.

Dee Earnshaw said...

Love the artistic way you colored the flowers and the ripped edges are so perfect !!!

MadeByMeghanK said...

Beautiful background! And I love the colors!

Jean said...

Oh- this is so pretty.

BrendaLea, the Prpldy said...

Maria, I love the ‘blurry’ effect of this card. And I too love this sentiment. No need to re-do the card is great just the way it is!

Karenladd said...

the offset stamping looks like it was done on purpose...love the energy it gives!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...