Thursday, July 17, 2014

how r u (ATSAM, CASOS)

Howdy. Here's a CAS one layer card I created basically using one just one STAMPlorations stamp - the chevron-y arrow in the middle!




Started with a cream cardbase. Stamped with light blue first. Then I partially inked (covered the rest of the stamp with the corner of a piece of scrap paper cuz it nestles so nicely into the design) and  stamped with Versamark and heat embossed. Then at the end of each I stamped one black triangle (partially inked the bottom stamp in the set pictured above). Also used the arrow stamp to make the red element in the corner. Isn't it cool how just one half of the stamp has a totally different look! Love that about chevrons. Added a Dymo sentiment trimmed to an arrow too.

Here's a closeup of the white embossing.


I'm so excited that this card was chosen for the August 2014 issue of Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking.


I'm joining the fun at these challenges too:
Addicted to Stamps & More - #104 CAS
CAS on Sunday - #37 One Layer Wonder

Have a good one.


Supplies for how r u:
Paper:  CS Bringmann
Stamps: STAMPlorations
Ink : Jenny Bowlin, Versamark, Versafine
Tools: Dymo
Other:


17 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so cool!

sandie said...

What a cool design Maria, so very funky and creative x

Deepti said...

Yay! I saw this one already :) love how creative u are and the fact that I now know someone so very inspiring and talented like you !

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So cool - need that stamp set.....congrats on the publication!!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your well deserved publication! This is such a fabulous card! I love how you altered your stamping and embossing and the design is awesome!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week! Hope you'll come back again soon!

Shery Russ said...

I LOVE how you used this stamp set, Maria! It's SO ultra-hip! Awesome stamping! I drooled over this when I saw it on PCS :o)

Unknown said...

woot woot! awesome card to get published!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love that great pattern you created with the chevrons and congrats on the publication!

Anonymous said...

Hello Maria! I love your card. It is very CAS! I love the embossing. The colors are great too. Nicely done and congrats on being published. I have to look at my copy of the magazine.

Julie B said...

This card just feels cool, just what we need here in the UK at the moment. Congrats on your success in print and thanks for sharing it with us at ATSM this week. :)

shirley-bee said...

Ive got to say, PCS didn't do it justice in the photography, you couldn't see the lovely white embossing detail. Your photography is much better ;) Love the trimmed Dymo.

Anita in France said...

How cool, Maria ... congratulations on your latest publication ... not really surprising as it IS an awesome card! Anita :)

Neets B said...

I love this clean geometric card, and you really showcased that chevron arrow! Congrats on your publication and thanks for joining us at ATSM this week, Anita x

Kim Heggins said...

FABulous design! I love your clean lines, it almost looks like a snowflake, just beautiful.

Carol Cel said...

very striking card!

Kelly Griglione said...

I really feel like I need to count all the ways you've used an arrow here, but seeing as it's 4:42 am and I need to be up to take the kids to swim lessons at 8 am, drive an hour and a half to hang out with our cousins at my family's camper, and then hurry back home through rush hour traffic for my son's baseball tournament game, I better just leave it at, "wow, great use of all those arrows, maria f." : )

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Your graphic, bold color, CAS at its best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...