Thursday, August 8, 2013

christmas in august (Moxie Fab, SSS)

Christmas in August?

Well, I'm putting this out there for the uber-cool Trendy Triangles Challenge over at Moxie Fab World. Lucky me, Simon Says Stamp is searching for Triangles this week too.

You may recognize the hand-drawn triangle grid from this card and post.  Just used what was left to create a Christmas tree, cuz hey, it doesn't get any triangular-er than a Christmas tree, right?


Just put some color into the triangles using a triangle cut from craft foam, some ink and some gold paint.  Cuz what's a Christmas card without gold, right?  BTW, for those who were following the parade, this is a reject too...

On another note I gotta get something off my chest.  My original triangles card that I linked to above... that was made with lotsa TLC for my "blog crush" who I:
1) blogged about
2) sent readers to
3) alerted in comments on her blog and via email about my blog post
4) even sent the dang card off to in the mail
and I never heard a peep from her.  Guess she needs to hire a secretary.  I'm not crushin' anymore.

On another nother note.  We are getting a puppy in three weeks.  Nuff said.


Supplies for Merry Christmas:
Paper: CS  Neenah, PP Basic Grey
Stamps: homemade triange from craft foamI, sentiment Hero Arts
Ink : Hero Arts, Aladine
Tools: star embossing tool
Other:  washi, gold paint



6 comments:

Michelle said...

Maria, I love your triangles. They are fabulous! And I read your supply list and saw that you made your own stamp. VERY cool! Have a great day! ~Michelle

Tenia Nelson said...

Girl.....this card rocks....you are sooooo CREATIVE and Talented!!! That is all. :)

shirley-bee said...

The pain of unrequited crush-love! This card is fabulous - so trendy it's leading the way!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Maria, the tree is so cute and I love the painted triangles.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Kelly Griglione said...

OK, you know I love your card, love how you used a birch background for a tree card, love your handmade stamps, ya-da, ya-da.

BUT, I am so disappointed that Mandi didn't love your guts! I found her blog through that color-blocked hexagon wall she did for her kid ... woah, that was flipping amazing. And the bulldog on the other side that was actually a cork board, genius. What a downer to hear of the crickets you received. I do have to admit that I was thinking of trying to sew a zipper on a pillow after her tutorial. Who know you sew the seam closed and then rip it open?!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to the Trendy Triangles challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...