Thursday, August 22, 2013

bon voyage... or not (Curtain Call)

If you wanna see my card you better scroll.  If you wanna know why I've gone missing...  I've been at my observation post at the top of the stairs to keep an eye on our rabbits - the one left after this and the new guy we got at the humane society to keep her company.  With leather gloves in hand in case I need to intercede...


This is them.  We picked up the little guy in the lower corner on the weekend.  See the clump of fur on the floor.  That's what they do all day.  Are they gonna kill each other or eventually get along? S.T.R.E.S.S. That's what we've been dealing with.  Talk about taking years off your life.

Well, it should make the issue of potty training this cutie who will join our family in a few weeks C.A.K.E.


So, "bon voyage" you wonder?  Well, I'm certainly hoping we won't be bon-voyaging Mr. Rabbit.  If Miss Rabbit knows what's good for her she will accept him.  I'm certainly not going through this "socializing rabbits" stuff again.   But a friend's daughter is off for a year of volunteering in Ghana so I snuck into my laundry room to create this.


 Don't know if you can see it but I was inspired by this Curtain Call Carnival Challenge:


Vintage image, black and white plus tent stripes.  Anywhoo, a new-to-me challenge so glad I got to play.

Whew.  I'm done.  Hope you're havin' a good one.


Supplies for bon voyage:
Paper: cardbase Papermania, PP Echo Park
Stamps: Paper Artsy
Ink :Memento 
Tools: die Memory Box
Other: enamel dots

13 comments:

shirley-bee said...

Love how you've left the vintage image uncoloured then overlaid it with modern striped lettering - great mix! Good luck with the circus training. Very apt for the challenge!

Brandi said...

So sorry to hear about your first bunny. Hope everything works out well with the new one. Your new pup is a cutie! Best of luck!

I can see where your inspiration came from for the card. It is amazing!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Good luck with your menagerie - we are always hosting other peoples pets when they are on vacation......

Cool card!

Chrissy Larson said...

Adorable fluffs! This card is awesome! I love the black and white image with the fun, bright, patterned letters! It really makes for a gorgeous combo.

Joyce said...

Love this card. Brilliant and creative take on the challenge. Cute new little critters, too. We just adopted a rescue puppy on Sunday, so I think I have a bit of an idea what you've been up to. And, I have not made a single new card since puppy joined the family!

alexandra s.m. said...

Hello Maria!
I love your card. It is so fresh and unique.
Thank You for sharing a bit about the new rabbit too.
I hope everything goes smoothly from now on...

Diane said...

Fabulous card design Maria, very vintage.

Regards diane

Marybeth said...

Wow! Bunny's should not be stressful....:)
Love your card and the colorful diecut sentiment ... The enamel dot looks great on the hat nice way to tie in the colors.

Unknown said...

Such cute bunnies! Love your card. My favorite part is your placement of enamel dots.

Tracey McNeely said...

Maria cute story, adorable new family member and a fantastic card for Curtain Call. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the current Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!

Stacey Schafer said...

how cool! love this!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome story, Miss Lady!! This card totally ROCKS!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Curtain Call!!!

Darnell said...

I just got your comment, Maria, and had to come and see what you were referring to. I'm so sorry I missed the post about your tragic accident and I offer you my heart-felt condolences now. I can only imagine how terrible you felt. But now ... new puppy!! Yay! And new playmate (hopefully) for bunny for a year! You'll have to post a follow-up to let us know when they befriend each other! I had no idea they could be this way!

The doggy is adorable! If you went to visit the owners and now you are waiting for the appropriate weaning and shots, then that's a reputable place right off the bat. We practically bought out purebred Scottie out of a back alley, we were so dumb. So please don't worry. I'm sure they've had all their shots and stuff and like everything else, even if there is a medical issue, the treatments have improved immensely since 40 years ago. Looking at that sweet picture and how that puppy is connecting with DD, I don't see any cray-cray going on with that sweet furball! Keep us posted, please!!

Hugs! Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...