I was aiming for masculine and sympathy. Wanted to use markers in blues and greens for the BG. Colored the stamp, misted, stamped, misted again, stamped again. Had two panels. That's where things got difficult.
This was my original design idea. Nestle sentiment in with butterfly. Butterfly stamped in gray on vellum. OK, but the stinker went and warped on me overnight. Might have been the extra misting for the second generation stamping??? No amount of foam adhesive was going to win the battle. Hmmm.
This was the first stamping, darker colors, see? But then I got the crazy idea to kiss the solid butterfly stamp and stamp it onto vellum. Didn't really like the result, but then I saw the inked area on the envelope pattern BG stamp and wondered what that would look like. So I stamped. In a sub-optimal place. (Let's hear it for the advantages of clear stamps over rubber ones!) And then put the sentiment below.
I do like the butterfly effect with the dark colors, but should probably have angled it to the right and then nestled the sentiment in more to the left. Yes, we live and we learn.
Happy day to ya'll. We actually have sunshine - yippie! - although the Rhine is flooding many an area. Keeping our fingers crossed.
I'm playing at:
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
A Blog Named Hero - Masculine
Supplies with sympathy:
Paper: Bringmann, vellum
Stamps: shadow and envelope BG Hero Arts, butterfly and sentiment Skipping Stones Design
Ink: Versafine and markers