Saturday, March 26, 2016

winnie walter leading lady - take four - metallics


It's already Easter! Time flies when you're having fun! And boy did I have fun playing with my w&w goodies. I appreciate your stopping by on this holiday weekend for Take Four of my Leading Lady stint at w&w.

I'm wrapping up my gig today with trendy METALLICS.

So. Gold. I don't think you could have missed this trend, thank you iPhone. Just when you thought gold might be going out of style in the cardmaking world, gold foiling hit the market and now metallics of all colors are all over the place. A touch of metallic sure gives a card pep. Let's take a look at some metallic options.

I sneaked a couple cards using gold foiled PP into Take Three. Did you see them? Well, I personally like metallics in stripe form, so I went about creating my own rose gold (thank you iPhone) stripes using recycled Schokokuss packaging to make this banner for my daughter's room. I missed her while she was on a ski trip :)


I die cut the circles using the solid and faceted dies from True Multifaceted Circle. I left some of the facets in and backed the faceted circles with a circle of pink watercolor washed CS. Added punched circles of vellum and die cut woodgrain letters using MFT By the Letters to the circles too.

To assemble the banner I first die cut five solid circles from white CS. I temporarily adhered them to a few sheets of printer paper, spaced out like I wanted them to be on my banner. It's about 50cm long. Then I stitched straight through them all, stitching them to the scrap paper (sounds weird I know - just wait). When done, I flipped it all over and carefully tore the scrap paper off of the stitched circles, leaving the white circles strung on a nice stitched line of thread. You can pull the thin paper up pretty easily right along the stitching. Then I adhered my pretty pieces to the white circles using Matte Medium. TIP: Stitch through the circles a little higher than the middle to ensure there will be more weight on the bottom to keep the circles facing the front. Ask me how I know ;)



Moving on. Another great way to get a touch of metallic onto a project is with those shiny little pieces of plastic we've come to know and love. Sequins. And why not use lots of them from Lucy's Winnie's Sparkly Shaker Selection mix. And pair them up with shimmer cardstock, gold washi and gold ink spray?

Meet Card #1

The Flawless Diamond Cutaways lends itself perfectly to shaker making. I cut it from aqua shimmer CS, cut the solid out of a Neenah white panel and added a smooshed-with-Distress-Inks-and-splattered-with-Heidi-Swapp-Color-Shine background piece behind it. My sentiment is from My Precious which complements the faceted dies perfectly. Just look at all that metallic goodness trapped in that gem! Even tiny little clear stars - how lovely!


Card #2

Another oldie, but goodie for adding a metallic touch to a project is Perfect Pearls. With this faux metal technique (a la Jennifer M.) you brush them onto a Distress Inked area while it is still damp. I inked the masked area with Evergreen Bough and Cracked Pistachio and used white Perfect Pearls. TIP: Use a water/Perfect Pearls mixture in a mini mister to lightly spray the finished area and set the Perfect Pearls.

When the panel was nearly dry I dry embossed it using Cover Model: Multifaceted which I had cut from a cereal box. Isn't this geometric design perfect for the faux metal look? To finish off my card I added an offset layered "wishes" cut from shimmer CS using The Big, The Bold and Party Cutaways. and a heat embossed sentiment from The Big, The Bold and Party.


Remember how I said I like a little touch of metallic on cards? Well get ready for metallic overload.

Meet Card #3

Yep. That was white CS. Applied metallic embossing paste through the Scenery:Pattern of the Rings stencil. Punched a circle out of scrap paper and used the negative as a stencil to sprinkle silver embossing powder onto the lower portion of each of the circles only while the paste was still wet. Let it dry and then hit it with my heat gun. Voila! How's that for sparkle and shine? And the texture is fabulous.


Couldn't cover up all that gorgeousness, so I added a heat embossed on vellum tree from Kindness over one stamped onto PP and fussy cut. The "hugs" is from The Big, The Bold and Friends. The secondary sentiment is one of the many wonderful options in Kindness.


Well, friends, that brings us to the end of this month of my Leading Lady gig! It sure was a pleasure to share my takes on WATERCOLOR, ILLUSTRATED, STRIPES and METALLICS with you. I hope you enjoyed it, too. Remember to leave a comment on all four of my Leading Lady posts to be in the running for this giveaway. Today I'd love to hear if you had a favorite project from my entire Leading Lady gig. I'll announce a winner on April 6th. And if you're celebrating, have a beautiful Easter!





50 comments:

liz said...

Wow love the silver circles! Fun

Karen B. said...

I'm in awe of your designs. So rich and fabulous!

Rahmat said...

Oh my you have rocked the sets here, all the cards are stunning, jaw dropping stunning!!!

Mac Mable said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mac Mable said...

Such fabulous and gorgeous inspiration. Loving the geometric die and stencil. Such wonderful and fun techniques. Loving the personal banner you made for your daughter and thanks for the tips. The last card project is stunning, so very effective, textural and marvelous techniques. Thank you for all the four inspirational posts. My favourite...I don't suppose I could say all of them for very different reasons...I've loved learning techniques in all of them...Take three, stripes card 5 and 6 bold and fun and Take Two-Watercolor card 2 so very cute are the cards that have moved into my favourites x You really shouldn't have favourites though should you?..Loved them all x

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful projects! Especially love that banner and the card with the partial embossing on the paste, fantastic!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Stunning creations, Maria! I especially love the metallic overload card! ❤️

Bunny Dobbie said...

Love the metallic circles technique idea today! Nice idea to only emboss half the circle for a change. My favourite card of the whole series, tho I loved all the innovative and fun ones, is the watercolour wedding card. So striking with its clean and simple design but your lovely watercolour really makes it amazing.

SD pooja said...

Metallics used beautifully on cards ! If you ask my fav..ts the shaker :)Have a Happy Easter :)

Happy Dance said...

Not sure I can pick just ONE favorite from all your W&W cards. It seems your mojo went into overdrive and each of the four weeks' creations are incredible. I love the fat stripes "hi" in your last W&W post, and I adore the banner you've created for your daughter. This post's card #3 is simply amazing too. So I'm not going to pick. They're all wonderful and I know that the DT at W&W must be delighted to have had you for this past month. Your cards always inspire me. Always! The card you sent for my last birthday is on top of my paper tower, and I smile every time I see it; your work is fantastic!!! Blessed Easter my friend. Bev

pcm said...

so sad that this is the last week of you delightful projects!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow!!! Great projects!!!! Happy Easter to everyone!!!!

Denise Bryant said...

Love your metallic creations! The shaker card is awesome and is my favorite! What a treat it would be to receive that in the mailbox!
Happy Easter!

StirYourCreativity said...

Great way of using metallic. I liked the last card the most

Susanne Vargas said...

Fabulous cards! I am most fascinated by the background of the last card! That was a great series, Maria!

Loll said...

Awesome!! Love your work with metallics, Maria. Especially love your card with the embossed circles ... must have taken ages to add just a little embossing powder to each one. So worth it ... AMAZING design. I love all your four leading lady posts and cards ... so hard to pick a fav. Hmmmm ... I'm going to have to go with watercolouring ... or metallics. :) Love them all! Great job! xx

Karenladd said...

Oooh, not only are these projects beautiful but I love that you recycled packing for your banner! Love every single one of your creations but I am a card maker, so especially like the card designs. Thanks for all the inspiration!

Greta said...

Maybe my favorite of all your posts, Maria! I've always loved metallics & am so glad they're back in style! Every single project today has inspired me--thank you!

Ruth said...

Absolutely love the banner - that is really inspired - and those faceted dies work beautifully with metallics in all the cards. Lovely job! xx

Diane Jaquay said...

I've so enjoyed your month as leading lady, Maria, outstanding performance!!

Rose said...

More amazing projects! I have loved every one of your Leading Lady posts as they have been so full of fantastic inspiration. It's so hard to pick a single favourite project but I really loved your cards in Take Two. But then I really love today's as well especially card one, so pretty. Oh what the heck! I just loved them all! Well done.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh you magnificent, metallic-lovin' mama! NO don't let this end! LOve the banner you made ... she probably flipped out! Gorgeous glittering diamond, and Embossing with a cereal box - right up my recycled alley! Just love them all, Maria! Wish you could be the Leading Lady every month! xx
=]

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love your diamond shaker. It's so lovely!

Daria Z. said...

Ooooooh, Maria - these are just gorgeous! I absolutely love the diamond card. And the combo of cracked pistachio and evergreen bough is just yummy!!

TracyM #6773 said...

WOW - I am almost overwhelmed by the AWESOMENESS of your METALLIC MAGIC Maria!!!
LOVE the BEAUTIFUL designs of ALL your projects, LOVE the EXCITING techniques you have combined too!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing, you have been an AMAZING Leading Lady :)
PS - it's so difficult to choose just one, as I enjoyed all of the trends you featured!!! I have choosen two favourites, your "You're So Tweet" card with the wreath of BEAUTIFUL flowers (from Illustrated) and your "Hugs" card with the double embossed background (from Metallics) BOTH DELIGHT and INSPIRE me, I DEFINITELY want to STRETCH my creative limits to try my hand at making them :)

TracyM #6773 said...

WOW - I am almost overwhelmed by the AWESOMENESS of your METALLIC MAGIC Maria!!!
LOVE the BEAUTIFUL designs of ALL your projects, LOVE the EXCITING techniques you have combined too!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing, you have been an AMAZING Leading Lady :)
PS - it's so difficult to choose just one, as I enjoyed all of the trends you featured!!! I have choosen two favourites, your "You're So Tweet" card with the wreath of BEAUTIFUL flowers (from Illustrated) and your "Hugs" card with the double embossed background (from Metallics) BOTH DELIGHT and INSPIRE me, I DEFINITELY want to STRETCH my creative limits to try my hand at making them :)

Sue D said...

Awesome variety of metallics. My fave of all was the Kindness Matters card with the tree.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Jeneric said...

Can't get over that hug card, love it!

Jeneric said...

Can't get over that hug card, love it!

Leanne said...

Beautiful creations.

Oliev said...

Great project and beautiful cards!

Eva said...

I love three cards!!! I can't choose one because all are stunning!!!
Thanks for the inspiration ;)

mandalj said...

Love the banner - it looks so elegant! So many beautiful cards to choose from over 4 weeks - I'll pick the watercoloured wedding card from week 1 if I must choose only one!

Suchi said...

Loved the banner and your cards! Always a treat! :)
Suchi xx

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow! I just love that banner! And that silver background on the last card is amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! Those metallics look so great! TFS and inspiring! :)

Mary-Anne V said...

You ended off with a bang. Love the 1 card on the first day and the last card from today. Thanks for sharing your creative talents.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Totally cool - as always!!!! Lovin' that gem shaker - soooo pretty! This is like creativity overload! Great metallic embossing, too! Happy belated Easter!

Unknown said...

ugh these are all GORGEOUS! i'm in love with anything gold and/or geometric, so you got me!

MelissaF said...

Wow, all these metallic cards and banner are GORGEOUS! I especially love the embossing paste with silver embossing powder technique on the circles! So pretty with the vellum tree. Thank you for sharing your incredible talent and inspiration!

Kris in Alaska said...

Wowsers! That diamond cutaway shaker card is the BOMB!

cm said...

Amazing creativity and talent Maria! I've thoroughly enjoyed 'meeting the metallics' projects you've featured here: incredibly ingenious and wonderfully beautiful! Your 'embossing folder' created by cutting the multi-faceted die with a cereal box: fantastic! Added to my 'must try' list (along with everything else you've showcased). You're a Leading Lady extraordinaire!
Choosing one project is beyond challenging but for 'this' minute, I'm swooning over the banner you made for your daughter: pretty, heart-warming, heart-touching! I know she loved it, as do I. After all this inspiration, I'm feeling a *need* to go on a W&W shopping trip...
Hugs~c
~carol

Barb Ghig said...

My apologies for getting so behind on my visits...after a long fight with the flu, I'm finally getting caught up!
Absolutely stunning banner and cards, Maria! My favorite is your shaker card with the diamond...so beautiful! Congrats to you on being Leading Lady at W&W this month...You've done an amazing job!!!

Helen Gullett said...

You are amazing and very creative! I love every week seeing your creations... As my favorite, that gem shaker card is my most favorite of all! It i elegant and charming. Perfect!

Thank you so much for sharing so many inspirations with us this month using W&W products.

Kate said...

Love all of these cards Maria :) And your shaker is amazing just shows how even with the gem shaker element we both have different looks. You are truly an amazing leading lady and I love seeing you beautiful cards.
Kate xx

shirley-bee said...

Well, my favourite project is the gem shaker card (surprised?) Closely followed by card No. 3. Actually, card No. 2 is gorgeous too.

Valliam said...

Excellent projects! I love your card #3. Really happy to see your work. Truly inspiring :)

Maria Giselle B. said...

Love the cards in this last post of yours.

Anita in France said...

What a glorious finale, Maria ... these metallics are stunning! My fave from all your LL posts ... was going to say the shaker diamond ... then the colour blocked wishing you pipped it at the post! Thanks for all the fantastic inspiration this month! Hugs, Anita :)

BożenA said...

Wow, Maria !! Shaker card with jewel took my speech! It is delightful. I love colored background, it makes it looks like a real jewel. I love your card inspiration for Stamplorations :-)
hugs,
BozenA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...