Oh the fun we're gonna have! Have you heard? There's a new monthly challenge in town, The Mixed Media Card Challenge (MMCC for lazy me) and our first challenge starts today. Woohoo.
Wondering what it's all about? Basically a card with ...
Check out this link. Challenge owner, Shery R., has elaborated on what we are expecting of you.
I am thrilled to be a part of the design team cuz there is some amazing talent creating some amazing cards here. You must check it out - even those of you who don't like to get inky fingers (yep, I know you're out there ;))
Each month there will be a new challenge with a theme. And an additional element which is optional. So the theme of Challenge #1 is "A Touch of Nature" (optional element: tag). Which basically means create a card, reflect nature (however you interpret that) and include a tag in some way if you'd like. And rememer ... texture, dimension and techniques.
Here's what I made.
And here's what I did:
1. Stamped card base with triangle BG using gray, teal and purple. Just inked up the stamp randomly.
2. Stamped white CS panel with triangle BG in black.
3. Distressed panel with gray, teal and purple.
4. Stamped panel with coffee stain stamps using water.
5. Stamped panel with small leaves using gray, teal and purple. (should have taken a photo here)
6. Stamped black leaves on panel and onto card base.
7. Mixed embossing paste with black acrylic paint and applied through doodle and dots stencils.
8. Die cut tags from panel.
9. Paper-pieced tags onto card, a few with foam adhesive.
10. Stamped sentiment onto vellum, applied purple ink to reverse and stapled onto card.
11. Scrubbed inky fingers ;)
Texture? Yep, embossing paste, staples.
Dimension? Yep, sentiment on vellum, raised tags.
Techniques? Yep, distress inking, stamping with water, paper piecing.
Messy. But I'm still claiming that it's a CAS card. Thus "cassy". Me likey.
So, how 'bout it? Give some technique you've been dying to try a go. Or pull out those old acrylic paints. Or grab or make a stencil. Channel your Dyan Reaveley and get messy. Make a card. C'mon and join us!
p.s. You're gonna love this... the challenges run from the 1st to the 25th every month. EZPZ.
Supplies organize your life:
Paper: cardbase The Paper Studio, Neenah
Stamps: triangle BG Kaisercraft, coffee stains STAMPlorations, tiny leaves Alexandra Renke, big leaves Claudine Hellmuth, sentiment Kesi
Ink : Distress Iced Sprice, Peacock Feathers, Shaded Lilac, Memento Black, StazOn
Tools: dots stencil TCW, doodle stencil Pink Paislee, die PTI
Other: structure paste, acrylic paint