Monday, November 12, 2018

4th giving thanks blog hop with STAMPlorations


I'm so proud to be taking part in the 4th Giving Thanks Blog Hop over at STAMPlorations. It's easy to find so much to be thankful for if you only take the time! You'll find lots of inspiration from a great group of designers on today's hop.  Check out the STAMPlorations blog here

First up, I couldn't resist some traditional Thanksgiving colors (in my mind at least) cuz that's what the message reminds me of. I started with one of the new coverplates and ended up with a super CAS card. Cuz white goes with everything ;)

Distress inks

I die cut the cover plate and then using bits of paper I masked off the area around the pumpkin to avoid errant ink while inking with daubers. I then just adhered the die cut sentiment in all its glory. Love the message. Love the result.

And then I just had to do something with the "stencil" I'd used to ink that pumpkin, right? Just added a little more ink around the area of the pumpkin to give it a halo and then adhered the die cut to a white cardbase. I liked all that white so much, the same sentiment (in olive green) adorns the inside of the card rather than the front.

Distress inks

As always there will be prizes, over $200 worth, for commenting on stops on the hop, for commenting on FB and IG and there's a wish list linky party again that you should be sure to hook up to! And there's a super sale going on too! All the deets are here.


Thanks so much for visiting, today and every day. I'm so thankful for your encouragement. Let me know what you're thankful for right now and I'll send two of you one of my handmade cards.

I'm joining these wonderful challenges too:
Cut it Up - CAS
The Card Concept - #101 (how could I not?)

31 comments:

Anita in France said...

Oh my, all that gorgeous white on white with a bold pop of colour for that luscious looking pumpkin, Maria ... it's fabulous! Love how you used the 'leftovers' ... what a delicate, artsy design ... delicious! Hugs, Anita :)

Kara Lynne said...

Your richly blended pumpkin is so eye catching on the white, and how awesome is that halo of color on your cover plate! Two gorgeous cards, Maria! I am thankful for you! You are always an inspiration to me!

Dee Earnshaw said...

lovely work - both cards are gorgeous - esp the second - love the design:)

Gail said...

Pumpkins - speaking fall to me - lovely work - wonderful and fantastic art - TFS

nancy littrell said...

I love both your CAS designs, Maria. Wonderfully creative ways to use the awesome new pumpkin cover plate. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Susanne Vargas said...

You are right, white goes with everything and it makes the colors pop! Wonderful set of card - so glad you used your "stencil", too! It looks fantastic!

Becca Yahrling said...

Very creative. And love the versatility of this cover plate. It's my favorite of this release.

cghundley said...

Fabulous ways to make
your cards! Love the
stamped image and the
stenciled images.
Carla from Utah

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love all the details, beautiful cards!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Beautiful Fall cards! Love the colors and the designs!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Clever use of your die cut! You got a two-fer! :) And they're both gorgeous. Thanks for sharing them with us for our Cut it Up for our Clean and Simple challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Esther Asbury said...

What a clever way to use that beautiful cover plate! Two awesome cards!!

Darnell said...

Two total winning designs here, Maria! You have truly made your punkin the star of the show with these designs and well it should be!! ❤Hugs, Darnell

BrendaLea, the Prpldy said...

I'm loving how you created two cards out of one cut Maria. They are both simple, but very beautiful!

Celeste Goff said...

Two amazingly beautiful and creative cards!

Lucy E. said...

These are really lovely!
Great way to get two cards
from one die cut. I’m thankful for
good health and my family.

Helen said...

Great double pumpkin design...a true two-fer. tfs

Grudniowe Handmade said...

Great set! Your cards are really lovely!

Larelyn said...

Love the stenciling and your perfect sentiment. Thanks for joining our Cut it Up Challenge.

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love how the pumpkin pops from the card!

Ina G said...

Loving both your bright pumpkins Maria. Great way to use that gorgeous coloer plate.

Teresa Doyle said...

These are fantastic Maria, especially the second one (why waste that beautiful stencil and look what a great card it made?) Thanks so much for the great tutorial and ideas. Awesome work!

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is wonderful, Maria! We all have so many things to be grateful for! I count my blessings every day! Your cards are both gorgeous! Really loving that cover plate die!

Marsha said...

I love pumpkins. This one is fantastic and what beautiful cards you made with it.

Ruth said...

So fabulous!! I love that you can get two cards out of the one die. I also feel a couple of wheels on the die cut pumpkin would make a great carriage :) I'm thankful for my sanity right now!!

Jean said...

Oh my goodness! Stunning cards! Love how you did these! So creative and colorful!

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Wow...Gorgeous...this intricate pumpkin dies are just awesome..hugsxx

Christine said...

Wow! I love the stenciled pumpkin and the white on white die cut sentiment! How amazing that the die you used as a stencil could become part of a new card. Marvelous work!

Dana M said...

What lovely cards! Beautiful designs. I love how you showcased the pumpkins with color against the white backgrounds.

D.Ann C said...

It's always fun to get a serendipitous two-fer, isn't it?!! I LOVE the colors in your pumpkin!

Sue D said...

Love these pumpkin cards.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...