Wednesday, January 17, 2018

cat on a hot tin roof

I'm CAS(E)-ing a sketch for you today. Twice actually. My first idea did not turn out as I'd hoped. But I like what happened then.

Back to the beginning... I was lucky to win some Rubber Dance stamps over at Craft Stamper TIMI and I chose the whimsical houses designed by Susanne R. For some reason (never try to understand what goes on in my head... which reminds me... did you see this at Ellen Hutson?)...


...how 'bout that chocolate?!?... and while I was washing dishes and thinking about the framed-with-florals sketch and wondering how I could work whimsical houses into my creation, I remembered creating a village with masking like on this card and as the village came into my mind's eye so did the cat stamp I recently picked up as well as "cat on a hot tin roof" so it was a done deal. Lots of roofs and cats instead of florals. Following?

So I masked and stamped away. And stamped and fussy cut cats. And agonized for ages over the "frame". Geesh. What'd I come up with? A circle. Brilliant, eh? And the sentiment (I wasn't going to NOT use it, cuz punny), well it sure isn't the right size/shape. But. Please meet card #1.

distress oxides

Actually, I forgot to mention that I first spent an hour putting these Rubber Dance rubber stamps onto EZ Mount. Been ages since I'd done that! Remember that sticky goo?!? And while I was at it I did the same with some rubber stamps I ordered from Alisa Burke (know her?) ages ago. Um, yep. Finally. Surprised the rubber hadn't cracked. But that, my friends, remains for tomorrow's blog post... Stay tuned.

So. One of the stamps I'd mounted and cut was a trio of houses. A trio. Like the florals framing the frame on the sketch! Lightbulb. Meet card #2.

watercolors

Weird. I know. But me likey better. Used a snippet of gelli plate print for the die cut. And gave the houses a touch of watercolor. Dad's neighbors have sold their house. I think this may be heading their way.

So. Did I freak you out with the glimpse inside my head? If so, sorry. I'm playing at a couple other challenges too which may have added to my brain stress.

CASE this Sketch - #254
Rubber Dance - January
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Add a Sentiment
Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Snippets (circle frame and blue rectangle, "hello")


17 comments:

SD pooja said...

Well I did enjoy reading it ! It's interesting to know how you get those modern looking graphic cards !

I Card Everyone said...

Oh Maria, I won that same darling stamp set, and it's been calling my name ... you've inspired me to get it out! LOve how your brain looks, works, and your fabulous CTS card!
=]

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Nifty cards! I love the last one, also. The photo of what's going on in your head made me laugh out loud!!! Yes, I can agree with that one! Too cute!

Sue said...

Oh I love these Maria, what a brilliant way to use the Rubber Dance Houses, and those cats are so sweet! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Rubber Dance, and have a great week. Sue xx

Cathy said...

Great cards Maria and a great process! Love that you too plan cards while you're washing up! Cathy x

Bonnie said...

Two great cards, Maria! Love anything in threes! Love that brain and can't believe how accurate it is!

Jo Nevill said...

Love your card, such a great design
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Leigh Penner said...

These are both fabulous! Great takes on the sketch!

Anita in France said...

Your brain will always create the unexpected, Maria ... no matter how many times you give us a glimpse into it! It did here ... wonderfully ... a delicious trio of cats against the village bg ... and such a cool look with only some of the houses framed by the slender die cut! BTW, I think the chocolate sections in my head take up way more space ... probably from the housework parts! Hugs, Anita :)

Di said...

Really great card(s) Maria! Some of the houses remind me of those in Southern Germany where our little grand daughters live with their Mama.

Lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground as well!

Hugs

Di xx

Teresa Kline said...

super cute CAS card, luv the designs! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Susanne Vargas said...

No, you didn't freak me out - you made me chuckle with the recounting of your thought process! Love reading about it and admiring your cards!

shirley-bee said...

Fab cards, loved reading the thought process.
My brain chart has less chocolate, less housework and the gap is filled by wine ;)

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Lovely CAS card with those fab houses
Thank you for joining us at the Rubber Dance blog challenge
Hugs
Donna xx

Rubber Dance said...

Adorable cards my dear! Thank you for using our stamps on your beautiful cards. I love the clean and simple style. Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. xx Susanne.

ionabunny said...

I think the cats on the houses are very cool. What a fun take on the sketch. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Bibi Lindahl said...

Haha, love how your brain works - also when it create cards! These are both lovely, Maria! Thank you for using our stamps and entering both our challenges Rubber Dance! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...