Thursday, October 6, 2016

wcmd at winnie and walter - part 4

Back with my last Winnie and Walter WCMD challenge entries. If you hadn't noticed, I was VERY inspired by the celebration ;) Today I've two cards.

Taheerah's Pick n Mix challenge helped me on the first one - poppy/lawn/black/white/gold; heat embossing; chalkboard; Christmas. I love creating within restrictions. Without them I've been known to make myself crazy pondering the "perfect" stamp set or PP. Even with them, this particular card stumped me after I'd made my chalkboard. Have a look.


I thought of my cousin's DD and her chalkboard art when I made mine. I wanted the "completely-filled-board" look, so pulled out all the little sentiments from Comfort and Joy and heat embossed them onto the black panel cut with Audrey. Then I heat embossed in green the mistletoe from Elsa's Flora and colored the berries with a white paint pen.  And then I was stuck.

I wanted to work the woodgrain star from Comfort and Joy stamped onto red CS, heat embossed red and fussy cut into my design, so I chose wood PP for my cardbase and decided to die cut Friends from the same PP to tie it all together. Applied Versamark to the bottom half of the die cut and heat embossed it gold for some holiday shine.

My second card was inspired by Kelly's call to Stretch your Stamps. This may not be a big stretch, but I like the impact that tree slice from Winter Wonderland has as a psychedelic BG. Minus the psychedelic colors.


I stamped and masked and stamped the tree slice. Heat embossed a sentiment from Comfort and Joy up top. Swiped some Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar onto white CS then stamped the poinsettia and leaves. Stamped the berries and colored them black. Fussy cut everything and arranged them onto a circle die cut from gold embossed polka dot vellum.


Got my colors here.

And am joining the new Flower Challenge where it's Anything Goes. Is a poinsettia actually a flower?!?!?


I'm hooking this one up at Shay's Background Building challenge over at WW too!

Thanks for visiting. If you're not playing yet, you can check out all of the WW challenges here. They're open until Oct 9th.

15 comments:

Ashwini Rao said...

Unexpected twists to Christmas cards - but I love them!! Especially loved the second one - that tree stump background looks great!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Both your cards are beautiful !
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Viv said...

Beautiful cards Maria! I esp. love the black and white effects and that touch of red on the Poinsettia.Yes of course the Poinsettia is a flower.....a very lovely one too. Thank you so much for playing along in The Flower Challenge this month and we hope to see you again soon ;)Viv xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely cards...
Thanks so much for playing along with the Flower Challenge...hope to see you again.

Jutta.K. said...

Nice card,very creative !

Kathy Mc said...

Both are gorgeous and a bit nontraditional Christmas cards - love them both!

cm said...

Ingenuity in abundance here, Maria! The chalkboard is, indeed, a work of art! And your poinsettia is striking, especially set atop those cool tree rings. Swooning over both!
Hugs~c

Becca Cruger said...

EEEEE! Both of your cards are absolutely divine. Be still my beating heart! I am so in awe with that poinsettia card - love the vellum circle behind. And I adooooore the chalkboard. These are definitely both getting pinned!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic cards Maria! Love the fancy Poinsettia and the gold sentiment! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kara Lynne said...

Fantastic cards, Maria! Wow! That chalkboard panel is gorgeous and sits so well on the wood grain background. Your masked tree rings have such a great bold design element behind the poinsettia.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wowzers! These are beautiful! LOVE all of the details and designs on these cards!

Joyce said...

Your tree trunk slices really do have an 'Alice in Wonderland' kind of crazy look. And, it makes a wonderful background for your pretty flowers. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ this week.

Anita in France said...

Cool, rustic and festive cards, Maria ... I especially love the wood slices behind the poinsettia! Been catching up ... enjoyed wandering through your recent posts and cards ... and being blown away (as ever!) by your creativity! Hugs, Anita :)

Aileen said...

Maria, I love that you always come up with such different ideas, Beautiful and eye catching and thank you so much for supporting us at the start of our challenges. xx Aileen DT

Kelly Griglione said...

Super late to the party, but I had to come say how much I LOVED your background of tree slices!! Then you layered the gold dots and a poinsettia on top, lovely! Awesome b&w (nearly) Christmas card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...