Sunday, August 26, 2012

katherine or audrey? (Moxie Fab)

This photo haunted me for days.

It's the Tuesday Trigger:  Autumn Awaits over at Moxie Fab World.  But I didn't really get autumn.  I was overwhelmed by the amazingly cool billowing scarf.  (As well as, I couldn't pull that fashion look off if I tried.)  Which reminded me of the gals in France.  They pull off "the look", even in sweats.  Not that they'd wear sweats, of course.

So I stepped back from it and thought about what I "got" from the photo.  It came down to the combo of colors (I don't think I own any pieces of clothing in any of those three colors), the red lipstick and the oh-so-fashionable-I-wouldn't-be-caught-dead-in sunglasses.  Which made me realize that the pic reminded  me of Audrey.  Or was it more like Katherine?

Enough digression.  Here's what I came up with.


Red, yellow, orange, teal and shiny (heat embossed) black.  And French.  And CAS, cuz that's what I'm TRYING to be all about, remember?

Trickiest thing about this was simplifying the zillion ideas darting around in my head.  Second trickiest, masking off the other candles with cello tape to ink up just one candle - and that, four times!

Which brings me to the first card I made, using a clear stamp (martini) and Distress Inks.  Wasn't happy with the way the martinis looked.  Didn't really work, unless you want a "dotty" look.  I didn't.  Perhaps that's why it's called Distress Ink...  And why Tim only works with rubber stamps...



I have had success with some clear stamps and DI.  But it's hit or miss.  Which just goes to show you can never have enough inks - true?  Just curious - how many do you have?  And what's your fave for clear stamps?

Did you see the wealth of information at Paper Crafts and Moxie Fab last week?  A great refresher course on card design.  I'm linking my card up to the Asymmetry Challenge at Moxie Fab.  I think the tail of the "J" on "joyeux" does its part to balance out the asymmetic placement of the candles.  We'll see if Cath agrees ;)



Supplies joyeux anniversaire:
Paper: CS Neenah, American Crafts
Stamps:   TPC, sentiment Artemio
Ink: Versamagic, Versafine
Tools: 
Other:  embossing powder

4 comments:

Unknown said...

stunning! I love that you made this challenge your own...awesome results!

lostinpaper said...

AWEsome! Love those sentiments and this CAS design is perfect!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks also for linking this up to the Asymmetry Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...