Thursday, January 8, 2015

winnie and walter mojo overload #2

You saw one sparkly gold "baby" card in this post. Here's the one that actually came first. Hang letters on a line? Don't have to ask me twice ;)


I got the "baby" vibe from the upper left photo in the collage from Lea's Mood Board. The rest followed :) My favorite detail is that teensy group of dots from the Big Bang Confetti set which I stamped a few times in gold. See em? Kinda look like little galaxies of stars, don't they?


And then I tackled Gayatri's CAS freestyle collage challenge. 


I love the look but find it difficult to pull off. I think the "less is more" maxim rings true for freestyle collage. The items have to work together well. And in this case, remain CAS.

I started with the "blessings" stamp from The Big, Bold and Blessings in amuse Lemon Whip (which you can barely see in photos) on my cardbase. Then I used the ink to stamp a rose from The Big, Bold and Extras which I fussy cut. I've decided the outlined leaves are my favorite stamp from this set ;) You'll see them again soon.

Some Heidi Swapp gold splatters, a snippet of a black/white ribbon as a frame and a sentiment banner finished off my "blessings on your birthday" card.

I'm taking the baby card to the "New" challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge blog. My new die from Little B is from SSS.

And to Curtain Call's "Winter Wonder".


Since both stamp sets on the second card are new schtuff, I'm going to Darnell's playhouse again.


And I think the second card also works well for Virginia's View #11.


Check out the birthday bash here. There is so much inspiration to be found. CU tomorrow.









18 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

These are lovely Maria! So fresh looking! Hazel x

Manuela said...

wunderschöne Baby Karte, die Geburtstagskarte sieht auch toll! Danke für deine lieben Kommentare, hoffe euer Tag verläuft ohne viel "Wahn" ;-)
Lg

DoofyJEss2 said...

Gorgeous gold and black!!

Shelly said...

LOVE.LOVE.LOVE.

Tracey McNeely said...

This is gorgeous, I love the W & W rose which I have had quite a long time and haven't inked up--inspired now!

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful cards!! Lovely designs!! Especially love the 1st one! Too sweet!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

shirley-bee said...

Ooh, love them both, especially that baby card. Pinned.

Anita in France said...

The chunky glittery-ness is gorgeous with the softly inked blessings, Maria ... and yes, those little dots are so galaxy like, especially with the stars! The delicate framed rose against the subtle stamping is so pretty! Anita :)

Deepti said...

Wow these are so pretty ! Love ur design style, so unique and so inspiring :)

Lea Lawson said...

I am literally SWOONING over that baby card....it is AMAZING!! Love love love it! Thanks for joining in on my mood board challenge!!

Marisa said...

Darling card. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful cards Maria. Love the words in the background on both cards. Neat idea stringing the letters to make the word. That baby card is so pretty. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

Loll said...

LOVE the baby card ... the letters on the line is so adorable. And LOVE your freestyle card ... great colours and design Maria! xx

Darnell said...

Oh, wow, Maria, I didn't think you could top that baby card, but you DID! This is outrageous! I love the galaxy of stars, but the impact of the "blessings" background is phenomenal! And your CAS collage? What can I say? I wouldn't think of using those two words together in a sentence, but you pulled it off magnificently!! Thank you so much for playing again in my NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

~amy~ said...

sigh, love them both! glittery letters on twine..awesome.
Your collage-y card is fabulous...love what you've done!
Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call - Winter Wonder!

Unknown said...

Love this card Maria! The color and white color scheme is beautiful and I simply adore that cute little clothespin hanging with the letters! Thanks for sharing your talents!
Nina-Marie :)

Virginia L. said...

ADORE your card with the splatter and contrast of your 2nd card, Maria! Wunderscheon wie immer ( Ich weisse, dass ich sehr oft gesagt habe, aber es is echte richtig).So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Clean Slate” Challenge!

Nora Noll said...

Oh!! I LOVE your cards!! The way you hung the sentiment on the string with that precious little pin. Adorable! The second card is so soft and just lovely. Stunning designs!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...