Wednesday, March 1, 2017

guest designing at the heart desires #10

I had a blast the past couple months, creating entries for the beautiful challenges over at The Heart Desires. This month, for Challenge #10, I get to join the talented gals over there as guest designer. "Be still my heart" I thought when I saw all this lovely map goodness. I can seriously lose myself for hours in maps...


Which immediately brought to mind a card I'd created a long time ago for my hubby. Isn't it cool to personalize a card to include a special spot on this earth? I love this design for wedding or anniversary or plain ol' love cards. I went ultra CAS for today's card which also features a heart die cut from a map.


I die cut the letters using PTI Headline Alpha and adhered them. Die cut the hearts with Amuse Heart Trio die. And added a wooden arrow I painted with gold nail polish. A strip of washi adds a little punch at the bottom, bringing in the black dots of the cities on the map.

Thanks to the THD team for having me and I can't wait to see their projects!

On a personal note - as I write up this post I am waiting to depart for MI. My wonderful Mom is having serious health problems and I don't know what to expect or when I will be returning. So it'll be quiet around here for awhile. FYI. Positive thoughts are appreciated :)

9 comments:

Loll said...

This is such a cool design Maria. LOVE the idea of personalizing a special place on a map. You are always so creative.

So sorry to hear about your mom. Have a safe trip and I'm sending positive vibes across the miles to her and to you. xx

SD pooja said...

Super cool CAS card ! Loved it to the bits..

Wishing your Mom a good health.

Mac Mable said...

CAS perfection and love this unique card x

wienerhoneymooners said...

Super trendy, modern COOL, FUN and inspiring!!! I can see this in a card magazine!!!! (SO TRUE!!!) Congrats on winning the challenge and guest designing Maria! (Prayers your way too)...LOVE this card design so VERY VERY much - Hugs Kimberly

Susanne Vargas said...

Love incorporating maps into crafts (and home decor) and your card is awesome!
Thinking of you and your family!

Cris G. said...

Yep, I have a crush for maps (and ledger papers) too. Wonderful card, Maria... that's what one can always expect from you!
Wishing and praying for a speedy recovery and sending positive vibes!

JenniferE said...

Sweet card! Prayers for safe travels for you and health for your mom!

Kara Lynne said...

Wonderful card, Maria! The thought of personalizing with a map is so special! Safe travels, and prayers for your mom's health and wisdom and strength for you!

Anita in France said...

Deliciously CAS and so sweet, Maria ... a delight! Prayers and good thoughts for you all still. Hugs, Anita :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...