Friday, May 1, 2015

Mixed Media Card Challenge #11

If you're looking for my Winnie & Walter April/May release post, click here.
If you're looking for my CASEplorations post, click here.



And another one bites the dust. Month, that is. Yes, April whooshed by and it's already time to wish you all a  "Happy May Day". Spring has sprung, the leaves have popped on the grape vines here in our valley and summer is on its way (seems that some years May is the only summer we have here in Germany ...)

We have a new challenge at The Mixed Media Card Challenge. Show us your mixed media cards with "Wings" and an optional element of "Foil" - which seems to be all the rage these days.

Must admit I had only seen the theme and not the graphic when I started thinking about my card. I was planning to create a Confirmation card and was therefore thinking angels. I ended up sticking with the angel idea, but created a baby card instead.



 Where's the blue or yellow or pink, you ask?  Had to go vintage here with those shoes!


I first stencilled some stars onto my cardbase with Tea Dye through a Crafter's Workshop stencil. Then I inked the cardbase with Antique Linen and Tea Dye and an applicator tool. Spritzed it with some Burnt Orange Glimmer Mist and added some embossing paste through a Tim Holtz stencil. When that was dry I stamped some teensy dots and rings from STAMPlorations Mixed Media Grunge randomly, also with Tea Dye. Whew.



Then to the easy part! Tore a piece of vellum. Curved and heat embossed a sentiment from PTI Tweet Talk. Heat embossed some wings from an ancient Crafty Secrets Cherub set and colored them with a Copic marker on the reverse. Heat embossed, fussy cut and lightly watercolored the baby shoes which are also ancient and from A La Carte, before adhering them to the vellum with glue dots.

Stitched the vellum to my cardbase and now I need a new baby boy in the neighborhood!

Stamps, ink, techniques, texture, dimension? Yep.

I'm joining in at PTI Make it Monday #210 where it's about using vellum to soften backgrounds. You may have noticed, it's one of my favorite materials to work with ;)

And I'm playing at Colour Me #69 where they have this lovely natural palette up for offer.


Thanks for looking today. Hope you'll join us at MMCC this month.





17 comments:

Shelly said...

Awesome card!

shirley-bee said...

This is so sweet! I love all the detail on the under-layer. You must have an endless supply of vellum!

sannalippert said...

fabulous card!! love it!

Loll said...

Adorable baby card. LOVE your multi-layered background. The vellum over top is awesome! xx

Deepti said...

Awesome design idea and superb texturing :)

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet baby card Maria! love the vellum overlay and the sweet wings on the baby shoes!

Tanja said...

I love your vintage baby card and the vellum overlay is just great - thanks for joining us at Colour me...! this week - liebe Grüße

Far North said...

Fabulous vellum overlay...Beautiful baby card!

My Paper Epiphany said...

ha ha! Shoes with wings - I just love the way your mind works! I love all the detail and the vellum overlay makes it perfect for a baby card!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Cool - makes me think about baby Hermes ;)
BTW - you won at WOW - congrats!

Rosmarie said...

Oh, die sieht ja ganz toll aus!!
LG Rosi

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful and just the perfect new baby card.

Pawsitively Creative said...

Oh how sweet! Those shoes are perfect with that vellum and vintage colors. Wonderful job ~Niki

Irish Cherokee said...

A very different kind of card Maria. Beautifully done. Love the velum and your creative style.

Hugs andf Blessings
Jim

The Colour Press said...

oh my Maria. like so many things about this card...... d wings on the baby shoes, vellum......oh so perfect to tone down the beautiful background. so nicely done.

Anita in France said...

So sweet, Maria ... the detailing on the background is amazing ... gorgeous vellum overlay with those angel winged little shoes! Good to hear to leaves have arrived! Anita :)

Manuela said...

Hi Maria, great card with the wings on the shoes, your created background looks also super!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...