Saturday, May 23, 2015

hello flowers

Hope you are having a beautiful Memorial Day (if you're in the US) or Pfingsten (if you're in Germany) weekend. I'm sharing a card I made based on two challenges whose deadlines I totally missed. But I'd had the idea and had even made a start... so I finished it up to share.

Saw this gown at RIC. If you look closely, you'll see that those are actually photos of the blooms on the fabric. At least I think they are. Which had me wondering how to recreate that vibrancy.


Saw this sketch during the Winnie Walter/Pinkfresh iNSD week.


I had decided to vibrantly watercolor some In Bloom: Addie's Garden blooms, then fussy cut them and adhere them to black CS. Didn't really know what I'd do after that. So I did some no-line watercoloring. Put them to the side to dry. And forgot about them.

Then the sketch prompted me to think about punching portions of the blooms on squares and circles (still fussy cutting the blooms and then adhering them to black squares and circles). Well I got real lazy on that one and just punched portions of the blooms. And this happened.


The design reminds me of a wall in an art gallery (not cuz of the quality of the painting!). Although I must admit I am happy with how the yellow tulip turned out.


And notice how the circles also made their way into my design? (And stray glitter from that dang Ranger Enchanted Gold embossing powder!)

I'm joining in at:

Craft Stamper - Take It, Make It for May to use a stamp
Uniko Studio - #21 Flowers (Happy Birthday to Bev!)

Have a great weekend. I appreciate your visit.






13 comments:

Hussena said...

Wow !! what a fantastic card this is ..Amazing take on the inspiration pic ..I love the way you have used the sketch from the Insd too :)

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Sehr originell! Gefällt mir sehr, sehr gut! Das wäre auch ein super Design für ein modernes Weinflaschen-Etikett!!
Liebe Grüße,
Ulina

Diane Jaquay said...

Love this, very original and great interpretation of the photo and sketch!

Anita in France said...

Yep, you captured the vibrancy beautifully, Maria ... this is so cool and artsy ... I thought of a gallery picture too! Anita :)

Viv said...

A great take on the inspiration pic.. love it. xs

Geri said...

Love those unique snippets of color on the black! Beautiful, Maria!!!

Joyce said...

This is so very cool and different. Sorry you missed your challenges, but glad you shared anyway.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A fabulous and striking take on the challenge
Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at Uniko Studio
Sarah x

Beverley said...

Lovely to read your thought process for this card and you have translated the dress perfectly and very artistically. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge. Hugs Bev x

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE the beautiful stamping ! Thanks for joining in the TIMI challenge at the Craft Stamper!
xxx Ellie xxx

Ela said...

Wow, das sieht toll aus! Das hätte ich mich nie getraut! Irgendwie habe ich Probleme etwas zu zerschneiden, was ich so liebevoll gemalt habe... Aber wie man sieht, es lohnt sich.
LG
Ela

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous...love your beautiful card.

Nicki S said...

Very, very pretty! Love that gold paper. Thanks so much for linking up to the Uniko Studio challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...