Thursday, January 8, 2015
a little ditty about joe and donna
As in Joe Cocker (how poignant that the new STAMPlorations stamp set yields this sentiment?).
And Donna Mikasa. Yep.
If you came looking for my mojo overload post, just scroll down a bit. My mojo is still going super strong, so I'm sneaking a second post in today because I absolutely wanted to:
1. play with my new STAMPlorations stamps
2. join Kara's 200 Weeks of Inspiration challenge and
3. join the fun at the first MFT challenge being headed up by Susan Opel
So I chose:
1. one of the Bold Sentiments: hashtag authentic stamps
2. this card of Donna M.'s to CASE and
3. the MFT sketch which I admit I'm following loosely. Very loosely ;)
Used my MFT Patterned Triangle BG to white emboss watercolor paper. Watercolored using the wet to wet technique. Heat embossed the sentiment with gold onto vellum and adhered the CASEd three gold sequins. Voila!
BTW, I had intended to cut down the panel and round the corners in a nod to the sketch, but I couldn't bear to get rid of any of that beautiful watercolor.
Great idea for a challenge, Kara. Will have another go at it soon. And I will also join my friends at Happy Little Stampers, who are challenging us to watercolor this time around.
Thanks for visiting, friends.