Saturday, September 29, 2012

reflected sentiments (MIM, PDCC, YCU)

Another fun thing to try - reflected sentiments a la Becky V. over at Papertrey's Make it Monday.  You stamp onto a piece of acetate and then use the stamped acetate to stamp the reflection on the card.

I really like the Christmas card Betsy made.  Here is my take:


Looks kinda Christmas-y doesn't it.  Have to actually READ it to get it.  I went with some text stamps from Cosmo Cricket because they had flat bottoms and didn't look totally perfect to begin with.  I feared my reflected stamping might not come out perfectly.  And it didn't.  But it's Halloween.  That's cool.

I used the color scheme from Play Date Cafe #151 to mix things up a bit too.


Notice the faint hexagons.  Trendy, eh?  Just like the gals over at Three Cool Chicks.  Day #5 was about hexagons.  Here they are.

And since this technique was totally new to me, I'm playing along with Young Crafter's Unite Challenge #14 to Learn Something New.

Thanks for your visit.



Supplies BOO:
Paper: card base Buttinette, CS Neenah & Papermania
Stamps: PTI, sentiment Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Memento, Amuse Studio
Tools: acetate
Other: 








7 comments:

~amy~ said...

check out your fun stamping! love it! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!!

~Tammy~ said...

So fun!

Bernadet Rodakowski said...

I love how you used these colors instead of just black, orange, purple, & green which are more traditional with the sentiments. Nice job! BTW, I live near wine country - and I hate lima beans too!
Bernadet
bernadetscraftblog.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Hi Maria! I haven't been able to find your email anywhere! Email me at camph27@hotmail.com and so I can forward your info along and get your Holiday Cards & More issue to you! THANKS!

Lavender Rose said...

I like your stamping technique, it really caught my eye and great use of the colours too.

Donna B. said...

Fun Halloween card! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

Marie said...

Such a cool card =) I have never though of using reverse stamping/mirror stamping to make reflected sentiments like that! Thanks for joining our YCU challenge =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...