Wednesday, April 15, 2020

CAS cards challenge april reminder

Hello there! I'm back with a mid-month reminder about the CAS card challenge at STAMPlorations.

Here's the April inspiration.


The challenge is anything goes with an optional color twist - this month is lemon yellow and I just had to go with the lemon yellow color (as I create these cards in Feb and am really ready for bright and sunny days). And lemons too. Though like I said before I must admit both my cards this month are pushing the definition of CAS a bit...

Today's card, using white embossing. If you missed my black embossed lemons click here.

STAMPlorations Layered Citrus stamp
watercolors
embossing powder

CAS card tip: You could use this idea but keep it super CAS by embossing one image only (maybe in the middle or in the lower left sweet spot) and adding the watercolor around it.

So I heat embossed the images from the set which are actually meant to be used to color in the outlines. Then I applied a light wash of watercolor in a triangular area in the middle of the panel. I added some green splatters in a nod to foliage and let it all dry. I came back in with a bit more yellow color around the heat embossed images, added my sentiment and called it good.

The torn edges? Not very CAS but I found them fitting for this artsy (and definitely summery) take on lemons :)

I'm looking forward to your CAS card creations this month! Your project might be chosen as the winner of a GC to the shop. Check out how the DT was inspired by this month's photo here.

And don't forget about my STAMPlorations discount code STAMPGIRLMARIA for 20% off should you find yourself shopping ;)  Are you doing a lot of that during this #stayathome?
Thanks for stopping over. See you in the gallery.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...