Wednesday, August 31, 2016

color blooms blog hop


Ready for loads of fun - as in, take you back to your childhood days kinda fun? As in, get out your box of 64 Crayola crayons and pull out that "Magenta" kinda fun!

Today the STAMPlorations girls are hopping to show you what we've been doing with Color Blooms, the coloring book loaded with Shery's floral designs which you can order here.

You should be sure to leave lots of comments to have a chance at a prize, including Color Blooms. And, you should color. There's a linky party where you can hook up a project you make using the free Color Blooms sampler which you can find here.

Today I've got two cards made with Color Blooms. Big and bold. With my kids' hand-me-down Rose Art markers! Nothing fancy happening here folks. Just lots of relaxing fun. This shot shows Copics too, but it ended up just being me, my waterbased markers, a couple black Sharpies and Color Blooms and a few hours out on the screened porch.



One page yielded four cards! I've posted two cards I made with Color Blooms WITHOUT coloring. Used those two lower sections of the page. You can check them out here.

Here's my first colored specimen.


Grabbed a handful of pinks, purples and blues and colored away, only leaving the outer petals of each bloom white for better contrast. Die cut the section with Crazy Stitched Rectangles. Glued it onto some scrap white CS and die cut Smile from it and from craft foam. Adhered the panel to my cardbase. Popped in the raised "smile" and added a heat embossed sentiment from Sentiment Builders: Christmas. Adhered a scrap strip of blue paper beneath it. Can you find Waldo? ;)


Remember how I glued the colored panel to cardstock to give it more strength before die cutting? On this card I took advantage of the thinner paper and did some layering with it.


Again here I chose a handful of my favorite colors from the last card and added some bright yellows too. When coloring with waterbased markers if you apply too much color the paper will begin to pill, so I only added a second layer of the same color color around the center of the blooms for a bit of depth.

TIP: I used the matching bloom stamp from Floral Bliss to stamp around the edges of my cardbase before adding the black and Color Blooms layers (die cut with Crazy Stitched Rectangles.) Added a metallic Hugs die cut popped up on craft foam and voila! Love the slightly curled edges of the lighter layers!


Thanks for coming by. Hope you're enjoying the hop and I look forward to seeing your colored creations in the linky party over at STAMPlorations. You have through September 6th to link up.

I'm hooking up over at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge where it's Anything Goes this week.

37 comments:

MariLynn said...

How creative to leave the outer petals white to add contrast. I love how your two cards turned out.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I love the idea - the second card with the dark purple sentiment really POPS and I love that you have spotlighted the blossom paper, by leaving the back piece still black & white. Very cool concepts, Maria!

SD pooja said...

Beautiful coloring n cards too ! Keeping g the outer petals white has made the colors pop wonderfully:)

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Maria, amazing purple creations! Love how you used layers for the second card, separating prints with a black mat, very smart move! - Sweet Kobylkin

Shery Russ said...

You are the queen of trendy, hip, chic cards, Maria! LOVE how you left the outer petals of the zinnias uncolored in the first card (plus that floral camo you pulled with the diecut!). The second card -- you had me flipping through my copy of Color Blooms to see where you found that background...then I read you used the zinnia stamp haha! Love how you're clever that way! Seriously love the graphic look!

Melissa L. said...

Oh! A matching stamp set! How did I overlook that?! Super designs, Maria. I wondered about the Zinnia images too. I love how you used good 'ol kids' markers and made some great creations. Sitting out on the SCREENED in porch (SCREENS in Germany?! ;) ) sounds so nice. :)

Virginia L. said...

Beide Karte since so scheon, Maria! Love the bold and bright colors! The hidden sentiment is awesome in this! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Deepti said...

Love your style as always, so unique and so full of life :)

Monika Skinner said...

I do LOVE how you coloured the blooms, Maria! I am with Shery on the zinnia border, you had me fooled there. 😀

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE the hidden SMILE:)) and the layers on your second card...GREAT use of the coloring page!

Ruth said...

Love love love! A colouring book I'd be happy to chop up - that's my problem with them. I don't want to cut them up for cards! Love that you used basic supplies - they can be coloured in with anything :) xx

Jerrie said...

I love your bright, bold beautiful colors and the hugs card is my favorite!

D.Ann C said...

These are so beautiful!!

Becca Yahrling said...

Love your cards, especially the "hugs" with all the bright, cheery colors.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are so bright and wonderful! LOVE the bright colors!

Mary Holshouser said...

Fun idea to be able to color a whole page
but not have to do the whole thing in just
a few colors. You can mix up each panel
and not get tired of doing the same thing.
Beautiful projects.
thanks for sharing.

Suchi said...

Cleverly used matching stamp set!! Totally love your cards Maria! FAB coloring! :)
Hugs xx
Suchi xx

Julie B said...

Loving those bright colourful blooms, the colours shout summer. The die cuts are fab too, especially the metallic purple one! :)

Helen Gullett said...

WOW, Maria, those are amazing way of using the coloring pages. Love the shadow diecutting and love the metallic diecut sentiment too.

Gail said...

So love the coloring choices - nice job! TFS

Unknown said...

Loved both the cards! So colourful & cheerful! :)

*Vicki* said...

Your coloring looks amazing and I really love how you've popped up the design with your sentiment die!! Very clever! TFS

Teresa Kline said...

hello maria! super sweet card, luv the coloring page! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Karthikha said...

Beautiful cards :)

Craftyfield said...

Great ideas here, love the hidden Smile and completing the design with matching stamps.

nancy littrell said...

Both your cards are gorgeous Maria. I love how you left the outer petals white on your 1st card. They look great with your die cut sentiments. TFS my friend. Hugs, nancy

Ann said...

Wonderful cards and love the second one with a pop of black.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Very pretty! I love your bright colours!

Tee said...

Love all your creations!

Robyn Oliver said...

Just beautiful, lovely colourful cards Maria

Hetty said...

Happy coloring and wonderful cards.
Love the shadow sentiment.

Bunny said...

Beautifully layered and I really like the various colors.

Tasha Vovchuk said...

I love the contrast you have put into all of your cards! That is so smart ad eye-catching! Amazing work!

Anita in France said...

Bold and vibrant, Maria ... a delicious riot of wonderful floral colour on each ... gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Tina Z. said...

wow, so beautiful!

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome bold colors!

Heather "Hev" said...

Wow :) Did an awesome job :0 Loving the yellow!!

Love it if you would come and see what I did for the hop https://vanillahevn.blogspot.com.au/2016/09/stamplorations-love.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...