Tuesday, May 19, 2015

rockin' geometric

Do you love all the geometric patterns floating aroud the blogosphere lately? If you can't get enough of 'em, you must check out Taheerah A.'s Gossip Column over at Winnie and Walter. And then join the challenge like I did.


Kinda crazy, eh? In my mind I planned to use this little gal from Aha Arts, backed with a bit of the Multifaceted die cut from pink metallic CS and some big sentiment all attached casually to a white card. Ha!

The purple glitter CS caught my eye, which led to the purple cardbase and incorporating touches of yellow, and this card was born! Notice how the corner with the heat embossed sentiment (inside reads "birthday girl") looks pinker? That happened when I heat embossed. Hm. What up with that?


The challenge at Mod Squad is to use stamps from two or more stamp sets. I've got two Aha sets and two Winnie and Walter sets (Mini Scenery: Multifaceted and My Precious) on this card!

Wanna see something cute? DH and DS had to solve a problem in my laundry room which involved me having to move my craft stuff out of a whole corner of the room for them to be able to work. When they were done I found this. Notice the boxes which hold my dies...


See what DS added to the chalkboard panels - normally there are only the letters (I have them sorted by manufacturer). Is he a charmer or what?!?

Have a good one.

8 comments:

Dawn S. said...

I love the geometric stamp and die cut! The glitter makes it pop and, of course, love the colours.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Funky and FUN!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is very cool! I love how you used just part of the multifaceted die, and the glitter is perfect with this!

Shelly said...

Oooh, AWESOME card!

Kim Heggins said...

OH my goodness...you have the sweetest son on the planet! I love what he did on your bins, just adorable. And so is your card...love the colors and your fabulous glitter design.

Anita in France said...

How fun, Maria ... fabulous pairing of the Multifaceted stamp and Cover Model ... and I love how you trimmed out that awesome shimmery die cut! What a sweetie pie your son is ... that must've had you smiling all day! Anita :)

shirley-bee said...

Photographed for posterity - those gestures are like gold dust!

Taheerah said...

I love the abstract and kooky nature of this one Maria! The colours just grab you and pull you right in, and I love that you used just a portion of the die cut to keep with the abstract feel! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...