Friday, December 26, 2014

plenty of happy around

Happy between-the-holidays, folks! Hope Christmas was special. And if you need an idea for a quick Happy New Year card, here's one for ya.

I don't even want to know how many stamps or dies I own with the word "happy". Bet it's the same at your house. That being said, all you need in addition is a stamp that says "New Year" (like this one from Sentiment Builders: Christmas and New Year) or some die cut alphas or alpha stickers. I think it's the mix that makes it work.


Please don't judge me by the imperfectly stamped "happys". I was trying something I learned from Mayuri - two-tone inking using dye ink and Delicata gold pigment ink, then spritzed with a bit of water. I picked the WRONG stamp for my first attempt (a completely solid image would be much more tolerant of the puddling ink) but hey, you get the idea.

I also stamped a few PTI sketched circles with gold ink and swiped some onto a strip of white CS which I used for my heat embossed sentiment. A sprinkling of sequins kept up the sparkle and shine, party design too.

I hope you are enjoying the holidays. Big plans for New Year's Eve?

BTW, in case the big guy left you some crafty spending money in your stocking... Shery is offering free shipping plus a free stencil over at STAMPlorations from today through the 31st ;)

6 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Maria...this is just beautiful! I love everything about your amazing card and those colors are simply stunning. Happy New Year!

~amy~ said...

Love your use of the stamps...this is gorgeous. Hope you had a fab christmas!

Happy Dance said...

Hope your Christmas was wonderful, Maria! And that your New Year is filled with fabulous! I've always loved your bravery in trying new techniques and the boldness with which you go for it. Fantastic card. Love the drippiness and those bright colors. It's always a treat to visit your blog!! Bev

Desire Fourie said...

Ooh this is just so fun. Love those festive circles.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Marlena M. said...

I love this, Maria-it's a beautiful effect! Blessings
:)

Anita in France said...

Yum ... red and gold festive happy bubbles ... how glorious, Maria ... so fun and bold! Hope your Christmas was a merry and blessed one! Anita :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...