Sunday, September 23, 2012

fun on the first day of fall (PDCC, CFC, Moxie Fab, SSS)

I love stamping.  And inky fingers.  I had so much fun today, with both.  DH was watching some marathon soccer so I disappeared to my creating space (read: laundry room!)

Fall fun.  That's this week's theme at CASual Fridays.  I have fun every time I pull out Teeny Trees from Waltzingmouse.

And I decided I could accentuate the "fun" aspect by going with The Play Date Cafe's color scheme of Flamingo, Honey and Coffee.  In translation:  Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey and Vintage Photo Distress Inks (how I LOVE playing with those inks!)



 Pretty simple.  I just love those trees.  Give 'em a two-tone look and they are so gorgeous.  Was going to add twine originally, but when I grounded them with the sentiment I couldn't bring myself to add anything else to the card except a little heat embossed birdie.  Gave it just a two-edge mat - asymmetry, ya know?  (Thanks again for the lessons on design, Moxie Fab.)

Liked it so much I turned around and made two more.  For aunts and uncles.  Shhh... don't tell 'em.

Playing at:



and Simon Says Stamp:  Emboss It!


Supplies Happy Thanksgiving:
Paper: card base Papermania, kraft
Stamps: WMS
Ink: Distress Ink
Tools: 
Other: clear embossing powder

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

such yummy stamping! You stamp in your laundry room...that's tooo fun...I stamp in my hallway:)

Virginia L. said...

This is such a sweet color combo for fall, Maria. It truly shows that you had FUN!! I love the composition with the little red birdie! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous, Maria! I love your design, and the way you used the colours is perfect!

Kelly Griglione said...

You're on a roll, Maria. Love this one too! And the off center mat. Fantastic!

Suzanne Russell said...

I also like the asymmetrical matting. The two little trees are just beautiful and the embossed bird is a perfect finishing touch! (I'm glad you left off the twine : ) )

Alicia said...

simply lovely. Thanks for sharing your awesome talents with us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card!! So very elegant!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Lynn said...

Oh how gorgeous! I stink at making "simple" cards like this, but yours is so stunning, I think you may have inspired me to try again! Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe!

Lisa A. said...

Beautiful, Maria!! LOVE the inking of your trees...the colors are so lovely!! A CAS beauty! Thanks so much for being a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays and sharing your creativity:)!!

Jocelyn Olson said...

You know I LOVE your card. The CAS design and the subtle details are just "wow!" Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Love, love, love!! Colors are awesome and the design is brilliant! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...