Wednesday, June 20, 2012

22 - count 'em (use up scraps)

Went over to Retro Sketches to see what goodness they had going on and lo and behold - a sketch from N@.  (Next year's Gallery Idol if ya ask me.)  based on the oh-so-cool rainbow card she did here.  But what a killer sketch.




There are 22 elements on that puppy.  Count 'em.  I did and this is what I came up with.


Though I'm not sure this is what they meant when they said a "splash of color" over at Lawnscaping, I was in love with the gravity defying paint on the photo and it inspired my choice of purple for stamping.




There's another blog I like to check out - What's on your Workdesk Wednesday? - and although I've never been brave enough to admit to them what my workdesk ironing board looks like, I'm as messy as the best of 'em.


This is only a tiny bit of my messiness.  But there's a reason for my rambling.  I spent some time this weekend cataloging my inks - notice all the little swatches on the metal ring on the left.  No, I don't have enough inks yet either lest you feel it necessary to make some smart remark!  Anyway, I stamped each swatch twice, once with a rubber and once with a clear stamp cuz I find some inks don't do too well with clear stamps.  That piece of scrap paper I used to stamp off on before cleaning the stamps.  Scrap paper meet new Martha Stewart triple butterfly punch (I know, everyone else has had this punch for years).  Hello 22 elements.

Counting flowers.  And bling.  A bit of homemade washi tape.  Oh, and notice the flower.  Baby wipes from the stamp cleaning process!  I truly have a hard time throwing away purty things ...

Thanks for looking.

Supplies thanks:
Paper:cardbase Buttinette, CS American Crafts, PP Pink Petticoat
Stamps: Artemio
Ink: Adirondack
Tools: corner rounder EKS, die Sizzix, flower punch Make Me, butterfly punch Martha Stewart
Other: bling

9 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

Love how you made the sketch vertical instead of square or horizontal. Love all of the delicate touches! So glad you played RetroSketches this week Maria!

Voegelchen said...

Wonderful card - I would have used that cool scrap paper to create a selfmade envelope.

N@ Ali said...

Lovely card, great movement. Thank you for playing along at RetroSketches ; )

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful design, I adore that tissue flower you made.

Tamara said...

wow, beautiful card!! Love the soft colors. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping
xx Tamara

Michelle said...

Congratulations on the shout out at Retro Sketches! This is an wonderful card, Maria! That sketch was tricky, and you did an awesome job in response. :-)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Beautiful card!

Christiana said...

Your card is just lovely! Soft and beautiful and full of eye-catching elements. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Laurel Beard said...

Oh how awesome is this. It is so gorgeous Thank you for playing along with us at the Lawnscaping Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...