Thursday, October 19, 2017

wreath card - three ways

Started by creating a wreath inspired by sweet Melissa P. over at Papertrey Make it Monday. I started with Rustic Wreath like Melissa, but then took a shabby chic route.


My wreath nearly disappeared under all those goodies from Mini Blooms and Birds and Blooms. The sentiment is Scripted, die cut from brown glitter cardstock. The cardbase is stamped to give a modern feel using Flora and Fauna Texture Two.

I'm playing at:
Die Cut Divas - October

Then while I had Birds and Blooms out, I went back to my CAS roots and created this wreath.


I'm joining these challenges with my CAS card:
Inkspirational

Addicted to Stamps and More - CAS

And while the leftover blooms were still on my desk, I took a look at Winnie and Walter's Color Challenge for October and created this different kind of wreath around the wood slice from  Winter Woodland.



Added some gray leaves using In Bloom: Maggie's Roses and Big, Bold Extras. And a nestled-in sentiment from Flora and Fauna Texture Two. I'm really liking that copper embossing...



This last card is going to Sweet Stampers - Autumn or Halloween challenge too!

I actually had this inspiration photo from City Crafter Pumpkins challenge in mind while creating - I love the softer tones, though it's clearly an Autumn photo. Don't actually have any pumpkins on my cards, though!





18 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Wowed by these 3 beauties, Maria! Your coppery wood slice is gorgeous!

Viv said...

Wow three amazing creations here Maria, esp. love that amazing wood background on the first one ;) Viv xx

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Wowza! These are all amazing! Well done you! Cheers.

Marcia Hill said...

Three BEAUTIFUL wreaths Maria...love them all!! :0)

Arlene said...

Your cards are wonderful. I love all the different styles. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Daria Z. said...

Fabulous wreaths, Maria! I especially love what you did with the tree ring.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love all of your cards! So pretty

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wow, so many beautiful and wonderful cards! I love them all, and the colors you picked/used are delightful (such as the grey with the tree trunk type wreath. Inspiring!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

Kuni said...

Your card is so wonderful.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Anonymous said...

Wow! Some seriously gorgeous cards, Maria!! Spectacular!!!
xx Ashwini

Anita in France said...

Lovely trio of wreaths, Maria ... soft and shabby chic, crisply CAS (love the whimsy of that tiny bird on the sentiment!), and shimmeringly rich! Brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

cm said...

I'm all over the place in commenting on your cards (blog at times, IG other times...; hope you don't mind! Beautiful trio of wreaths, Maria! I'm especially drawn to the second; this rustic gem makes my CAS-loving heart smile! So thrilled you shared this in the Inkspirational gallery!
Hugs~c

K M Meena Herale said...

What a beautiful card, Thank you for joining at Addicted to Stamps and More and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena DT

Dreja said...

Toll gemacht. Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.
LG Dreja

Marina said...

These floral cards are amazingly pretty. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter and Inkspirational.

Monica Maier said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for playing along with us die cut diva's

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

Your card is so great and wonderful
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampers
Hugs Anja

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...