Tuesday, July 5, 2016

STAMPlorations 3rd birthday blog hop - day 7


Well it's the last day of the big party. STAMPlorations is celebrating Birthday #3.  And be sure to stop by the Inspiration Post from today cuz we're also celebrating Shery R's birthday today ;) There's even a linky party where you can hook up and celebrate with us!

Did you see the new CUTplorations line in the store? I've got a card for you today using the new CUTplorations Word Dies.


Stamped white CS with "happy" from Blossom Overture with gray dye ink and then die cut it using the new CUTplorations Crazy Stitched Rectangles. Die cut the Word Die from watercolor paper and craft foam, leaving it in the negative to watercolor it so that some color would mingle and pool around the cut edges. When it was dry I adhered it to the foam and then assembled the card, adding a touch of washi for interest.

I'm sharing my card at:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Paru's Card Making Challenge - Birthday Card
 Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #200
Sunday Stamps - Sketch Challenge

And since I can't bear to throw anything away, I put this card together with my leftovers. Dry embossed a Crazy Stitched Rectangle into a kraft cardbase, stamped a sentiment from Vignette: Chevron and Arrows and then added the negative pieces of watercolor paper and foam.


Have you celebrated with us yet? Hope you enjoyed the week, today's the last day :( There's a linky party with prizes over on the blog, and prizes for comments along the way too. Help us celebrate, won't you?



40 comments:

Dee Earnshaw said...

Love the layouts are fabulous. Love how you made two cards with the same die:)

Mac Mable said...

Great idea to use the die cut twice. Loving the trendy Birthday die.

New Creations said...

I just love to use leftovers myself and this is an amazing idea to use the negative!!!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Reminds me about the German flag! Are you turning into a German? And never ever throw out left-overs - would be a shame! Cool cards!

Karthikha said...

Colorful sentiment pops out so well on a lighter bg! And a great idea to use the leftover too! In fact the second card is my favorite :)

Jerrie said...

How fun is this card!! I love the way you have done it and the colorful birthday!

conil said...

If I had your leftovers, I couldn't throw them away, either. Both cards are purely awesome.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Totally cool and awesome card designs. Great colors too!

Becca Yahrling said...

This is really cute, love it!

Ashwini Rao said...

Sweet cards! I love how they are only text - great ideas, Maria!

Tina Z. said...

great idea and amazing cards!

Craftyfield said...

I never waste anything... innies and outies, I keep and use them all! Both cards are great!

cghundley said...

Fun and I really
like the colorful
letters!
Carla from Utah

cghundley said...

Fun and I really
like the colorful
letters!
Carla from Utah

SD pooja said...

Wow both of them look fab..the colors n fonts perfect for party !!

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Beautiful birthday cards..love both of them..

stampwithamyk said...

Fantastic cards! Love how you used both the positive and negative die cut pieces. Perfect colors, great designs. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Glennis F said...

Love the way you have used both the positive and the negative - 'waste not, want not'

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome set of cards! I love that you utilized both the negative and positive cuts! Pretty colors!

Daria Z. said...

Love that you used both the positive and negative of the die! Both cards are great, but I really love the first one.

Unknown said...

WOW, they are both awesome, love the embossed stitches.

McStamper said...

Love your cards.

Valerija said...

Lovely cards. Love them both.

Teresa Kline said...

hello Maria! both cards are awesome..they are both sooo fun! stop by my blog and comment for your chance at winning on my weekly giveaway and I having for the month of July to celebrate my birthday! I am so glad you played along with us at
sunday stamps!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your cards are both gorgeous! Love how you were able to make two cards using the positive and negative die cuts!

Anonymous said...

Two fab cards. Love how you used both the positive and negative! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Just amazing Maria...love both of your festive cards.

Susanne Vargas said...

The gray, scripty background looks great with the colorful die cut! And, of course, you couldn't throw out the left over, especially when it can be turned into such an awesome card!

Helen Gullett said...

They are amazing and fabulous cards! Love your creativity of using the positive and negative diecut.

Lisa said...

Well these are just too cool! Love how you used both parts! Awesome!

Atchaya(Akshma) said...

Love the way the sentiment pops out.Lovely.

Suchi said...

Wow! Both your cards are simply fab Maria! First one is my fav! :)
Suchi xx

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Stunning cards!!

Caryn said...

Fantastic card Maria - love the fresh design.
Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

cm said...

A positive-negative duo that has me smiling; another lesson in the importance of keeping 'everything' (my epic messes pile is getting rather large *grin*). Loving the birthday die...you've 'enabled' me to order it...
Hugs~c

Taunya Butler said...

What a COOL card, and then you made a SECOND COOL card - you are delightfully amazing and these cards ROCK!!!

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! I love that we get double duty out of these dies :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

really fun cards Maria....so well done!
TFS and hugs,
K

Anita in France said...

That is such a fab die, Maria ... wonderfully showcased in those vibrant colours against the neutrals on both cards! Hugs, Anita :)

Martha said...

OH, Maria, what FUN cards!
You are always so creative.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...