Friday, May 22, 2015

STAMPlorations inspiration #18

"To have and to hold" - five words which no doubt immediately bring images of wedding to mind. I chose to concentrate completely on that sentiment from The Bee's Knees Newlyweds Extras for my wedding card.


I dry embossed a white panel after inking the raised areas with silver Delicata ink. Then I lightly applied gold Delicata ink to the raised hearts in the embossed pattern. After that I swiped the gold ink onto a scrap of white CS and heat embossed the sentiment.  Maybe you can see the gold and silver better in this photo...


I layered the sentiment with vellum and PP and adhered it to the panel which I then put onto a black cardbase.

Have you joined us over at STAMPlorations in the Inspiration CASE Playground yet this month? Need to make a wedding card? Why not CASE my card... gold, silver, black, white, flourishes, art deco ... so many elements to choose from to create your own card.

Or check out the inspiration from my teamies today. Or if you're feeling more "kraft-y", check out this month's CASEplorations post for inspiration and the prize deets.

I am hooking up over at MUSE #118 cuz I really liked Marion's light gray BG and black frame around her focal image. I just ended up tilting everything a bit.


Thanks for visiting today :)

13 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Totally cool - your own home made DP!

I Card Everyone said...

Always so fun to have you playing cards with us at Muse, Maria! LOve this card! Must run to check out the Bee's Knees set...
=] Michele

SonjaK said...

Great job on combining gold and silver on one project! I'm never at ease with this but you've definitely rocked it here.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome background - love the layered focal sentiment too

laurie said...

Such a special card..perfect for a wedding!

laurie said...

Such a special card..perfect for a wedding!

Ardyth said...

This is so elegant - I love how you've created your background! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Maria!

Kerilyn H. said...

I love your mix of subtle and bold elements here - what a gorgeously classy card!

Joyce said...

This is gorgeous. I love your background and the addition of vellum.

Joan B said...

gorgeous card!!!!

Anita in France said...

The embossed silver background with the wee gold hearts is gorgeous, Maria ... so elegant with that yummy Charles Rennie Mackintosh style sentiment! Anita :)

Deepti said...

Your designs are the coolest :) I am always inspired !

Monika Skinner said...

Very stylish! Love all the vellum. Have a great day! Hugs xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...