Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine Special Thanks! Blog Hop


Joining the fun today to express my gratitude to the gals at Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine. What a short but wild ride it was for me!

Started with this published card I made back in January 2013, one of several I created for my first submission call (thanks to the nudging of some fellow cardmaking bloggers).


Back when Cath E. left Moxie Fab  I compared it to the Grand Central Station of Cardmakingland shutting down. Now, with PC&S,  I feel like the Drama Club at Cardmakingland High School is disbanding. Gone the tryouts (submission calls) and nail biting waiting to hear if you've gotten the part. Gone the buzzing crowd clamoring to see the cast list posted on the bulletin board (Friday FB parties). Gone the drama teacher encouraging you to keep on trying (SRO). Not to forget the whole production crew who, now jobless, must find other outlets for their talents.

So my wild ride ends 76 pubs later. My card today is one of a bunch I made in November for the now-to-be-known-as-last-and-never-to-come-to-fruition-submission-call for the Stamp It issue. Boy did I go to town creating for that call.  Stamping and techniques? You don't have to ask me twice. I was ecstatic when the deadline was extended cuz I had so many projects to write up and upload, I would never have made the original deadline! I digress :) Here's my card.


I'm diggin' that STAMPlorations sentiment. "Believe". And then, of course, take the first step. Reminds me of submitting for the first time. And it's my attempt at "cheerleading" the whole "production crew" today.


A closeup of all that Delicate Golden Glitz shimmer sponged on over the turquoise embossing. Extra for SRO ;)

I'll miss the mag. I'll miss the blog. I'll miss the lovely ladies at the mag. Thanks for a wonderful ride! And thank goodness for social media :) CU around.

My farewell to PC&S from Rhine wine country and me and my first pub, in Birthday Creations Vol. 3. Should you ever find yourself in the neighborhood, stop by. There's always a Riesling cold. Cheers to you on a job well done and good luck with whatever comes next!


You should have come from something colorful from the lovely Laura Williams and your next stop is certain to be something beautiful at Lisa Arana's blog. Enjoy. Thanks so much, Taheerah A., for making this hop happen.

49 comments:

Laura Williams said...

Ahhh, Maria! That card is so so gorgeous! I love your first pub too (and actually, all of them in between!) :) hugs to you!

~amy~ said...

You my dear are a super star...76 pubs?! that's AWESOME. I loved the comment about drama club...your cards are always amazing...loved the ones you shared and the one for today....STRIKING..that's over the top WOWZA.♡

Deepti said...

Wow !! You are terrific and so are ur cards, Love this beauty !

Shelly said...

Where have I been?!...76 pubs! Wow! :) Love your post and your cards are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The clever factor in each and every single published card of yours has amazed me every single time. I still remember the one you made with a floral tea bag. And today's is not an exception. WOW!!!
As you said, thank God for social media and the chance to keep in contact. Sending you a huge hug, Maria!

Lenora said...

Lovely projects!

Lea Lawson said...

Your cards are all beautiful & so worthy of the recognition they recieved! Lovely tribute to PC&S!!

Happy Dance said...

Not only do you have a way with cards Maria, you also have a magical touch with words. Such a nice tribute to PC&S. You gave me the courage to submit, (did you know?) and I was lucky enough to have had one card published with them. Beat the buzzer, so to speak... Your card is typically you - Amazing. I know the gals at the mag will love it. Sure wish this was a different kind of celebration. Well said and well done, my friend. Bev

TheWinstonFamily said...

Thank you for a sharing a beautiful card.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi, you superstar! Another spectacular creation! LOVE THIS!
PS: thanks for the invite for this hop, but I did not have enough time to add myself in....I am in Chicago right now for work, but its till fun😊

very_inky_fingers said...

That card is so gorgeous! I am thankful that the hop brought me here to see your beautiful art!

Darnell said...

You make me feel so very special that I can call you my friend, Maria! I had no idea you were so famous and such a published STAR!! Thank you for sharing your story and your gorgeous cards! Hugs, Darnell

Lindsay said...

Seriously gorgeous work!! I have always loved seeing your projects in the mags, Maria!

Carisa said...

stunning cards! I love your analogies!

Lydia said...

Such a gorgeous card!

Keren Baker said...

Wow- stunning cards- love your comparisons to the mags. It seems so sad it's just over a year since we were hopping in honour of Cath too. Really adore the die-cut leaves card x

Jodie Stoddard said...

Your cards are beautiful. Love your creativity.

Kara said...

awesome!! love your PC mag pic!

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

These are both awesome! I was right there with you on the stamp it! call. I am sad that we won't have this beautiful magazine to push us and inspire us with their calls anymore...

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, this is so beautiful.

Virginia L. said...

You and your cool post....Love the analogy of the try-out/auditions, drama club and the cast posting... :) FOND memories! Your card is gorgeous and thoughtful as always! I am glad that PC and S recognized paper-crafting rock stars like you, Maria! HUGS!!

Cindy C. said...

Fun post, although a little sad to see PC&S closing. Beautiful card you've made for this very special tribute!!

Nance said...

Someone somewhere should make a blog post or blog hop of the submitted work that won't be published! We ALL need to see them! Yours are AMAZING!

Jess said...

Stunning cards Maria! It is amazing how this magazine has touched us all.

Anonymous said...

Outstanding creativity, Maria! How we will miss all the fun PC&S brought us!

Ashley Newell said...

Your card is stunning! I love the gold!

Joni Andaya said...

So Beautiful Maria!!! Really love all the pretty colors you cooked up :)

Veronica Z said...

What a great papercrafting story! Your thank you card is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hey Maria!! I'm not sure if my first comment went through, so I'm leaving another one. I love both of your cards. The first is my favorite. I love how the numbers and letter are floating in the circle. Nicely done.

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous and I'm sure that second card would have made it in the issue!

Trinh said...

Your cards always pack a punch and these 2 are no exception! I love the bright colors on that 2nd one.

Celeste Goff said...

What a beautiful card! I love how sweet and solemn it is!

Amy Sheffer said...

I love both cards, Maria!

Tracey McNeely said...

Maria I love both of your cards and I am so in awe of your 76 publications! You rock!

StacyC said...

You are such a delight! Thanks for sharing your creations with the magazine.
StacyC

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOW, that senitment and lovely fall foliage really resonate the feeling of this hop!
My heart overfills with emotion and gratitude to this crafting community. I consider myself blessed.

Michelle said...

Maria! 76 pubs?! That's amazing (although not surprising, given your talent)! Your "believe" card is spectacular! Wow!

Isha Gupta said...

WOW!! Beautiful card. Love it!

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely post and gorgeous card! 76 publications? That's fabulous!

Connie Mercer said...

Beautiful card!

Kristie Goulet said...

Gorgeous card and no wonder you were published 76 times! WOW!! That is awesome!

Unknown said...

What a stunningly beautiful card!!

Kim A. said...

Just beautiful cards!!!

Anita in France said...

Every little detail of your card is wonderful, Maria ... as is your story (76 pubs?? ... doffing cap in admiration!). Such a heartfelt and lovely tribute! Anita :)

Lucy E. said...

What a beautiful card! The hues are so rich.

Kim Heggins said...

What a wonderful post and I love your photo in the vineyards.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Gorgeous card, Maria! You're so talented.

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh yeah, you totally ROCK, maria f.! What a stunner of a card for PC&S. Seriously. It is not a wallflower waiting to get asked to dance. It's demanding space on the dance floor just for itself. Love it. What are you going to do with all your spare time now?! I hope you'll post some of the cards you made for the last call : )

Susan R. Opel said...

76 artistic and stunner cards, might I add!
And I SAW your submissions for Stamp and Ink It! I was in the process of printing the projects that were being brought to the table when we were called into the conference room to hear the awful news. My heart sank for all of the AMAZING cards that were never going to make it to Utah.
*sigh*
Thanks for everything, Maria!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...