Friday, December 19, 2014

i'll have a CASE of myself

Normally, this time of year that would read "I'll have a case of Spätburgunder" but the theme at the Mixed Media Card Challenge this month is "home" so I revisited this card of mine from awhile back.


Wanted to use that Hero Arts house and go with the lights from their Far Out Holiday again. But add some mixed media. As in "texture, dimension and techniques".  As in chunky glitter on die cut star, Glossy Accents on stamped lights, glitter on the roofline, dry embossing dots and candy cane stripes and heat embossing the stamped image.


As you can see, my hate relationship with white glitter continues. Now I suppose it might have to do with the black CS, but this time instead of turning out pink, it turned out blue. It's white. I swear it is.Like snow, ya know? That's why I put it on the roof! Argh.


Can you see the bit of color I added to the embossed image with colored pencils? And the candy cane stripe dry embossing along the bottom of the card?

I used the current sketch #207 challenge from My Favorite Things. And the sentiment stamps from their Holiday Subway Art set.


And I'm hooking up to the Anything Goes challenge (last of 2014) over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenges. So much inspiration from the DT over there this week!

9 comments:

richardbreaks said...

Wow, there is so much beautiful work going on here! Love the pencil work, the dry embossing, and the star! After I totally messed up a project by using elmers glue on it, I am wondering if your adhesive is the reason for your glitter issues. Just guessing...

~amy~ said...

Love your case of yourself...looks awesome.
I had to google Spätburgunder....LOL.

Shery Russ said...

I dig the blue err white err blue glitter snow, Maria! I second Amy...I googled Spatburgunder too LOL!

alexandra s.m. said...

Excellent idea and I love them both Maria!

Loll said...

LOVE both designs Maria. Great job of CASE'ing yourself! Loll xx

shirley-bee said...

I'll have a case of whatever you're having - Spatburgunder will do just fine (and I also had to google it). And it's pinot noir, yay, my joint favourite red, the other one being rioja (not in the same glass). Oh, and I love the card CASE too :)

Far North said...

Fun sparkle and sprinkle of color with your black...oh yeah blue?? card! Great design! Merry Everything!

Anita in France said...

Spätburgunder sounds good to me, Maria ... salut! Both cards are fab ... your first so crisply CAS, the CASE all wrapped up in texture-y mixed media ... yum! Anita :)

Julia Aston said...

What a festive card Maria! love the shimmery gold star! Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...