Wednesday, October 24, 2012

show... me! (CPT, SCS)

In this post I told you about taking "creative liberties" and having an adventure with a card.  Well, I liked the outcome some much I decided to do it again.


This card is going to the Hope You Can Cling To campaign (Splitcoast Stampers).  There is a challenge to "Show What You are Made Of".  In other words, "journey to your stampy happy place and find that go-to design principle that makes you the happiest and most comfortable".

Tough to define your own card style,eh?  I tend to be all over the board.  But I'm slowly getting there...  Colors, but lotsa white space.  No fear of mixing stamp sets. Importance of sentiment font/style.  Hearts, yeah they just make me feel good.  Always include a little one when I sign my name on a card or letter.    All that's missing would be some polka dots cuz they make me smile too.  Oh, and practical gal that I am - easy to mail.

Used the colors from Creative Paper Trade's challenge #3:


And here is another card for the HYCCT category "Peaceful Pink".  I hope someone gets a happy, peaceful feeling when they see this card.  Like a summer sunrise at the lake.


I'm trying to make all my cards upbeat and basically just normal cuz I don't think sick people like to be treated like sick people!

Play along.  Make some cards to send out to the University of Texas Cancer Center.



Supplies celebrate:
Paper: cardbase Buttinette, CS Neenah
Stamps: heart Fancy Pants, sentiment PTI
Ink: Distress Ink, Versafine
Tools:
Other:

Supplies hello:
Paper: cardbase Buttinette, CS Neenah
Stamps: sentiment Hero Arts
Ink: Distress Ink, Versafine
Tools: acrylic block, mini mister
Other:



3 comments:

Geri said...

OMG!!! Both cards are AWE-SOME!!! (insert music notes there, because I was singing that word!) I LOVE BOTH OF THESE!!! And I think I'm like you with my style...it's everywhere! I adore playing with my stamps, and I LOVE playing with layers and embellishments...I'm lookin' at it as a plus for us...maybe you and I come up with a little somethin' for everyone with our non-style, style ;) Thanks for sharing these, Maria! So happy to see you back at the CPT!

Anonymous said...

In love with both of these cards...wow! It took me a few looks to see all of the stamped hearts in the first card and how you varied the colors...gorgeous! Makes me want to simplify a bit and try this. Your second card...super cute! You should enter it in the 10 min craft dash challenge http://www.prettypinkposh.com/2012/10/10-minute-craft-dash-5.html. Thanks for playing along again with us this week at CPT. You used the colors so well!

Lisa Elton said...

Maria,Maria! These are SO PRETTY! What a fun look this is and the sentiment on your first card is awesome! Love the look of the script and the typed letters together. The second is just the sweetest with the little bird perched in front of that beautiful colored square. Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Paper Trade!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...