Saturday, October 13, 2012

better than expected (CPT)

Just picked DS up from a friend's a couple towns over and it is peak season in the vineyards.  Harvest.  In our town they say "in den Herbst" (literally:  in the fall) and with it they mean harvesting the grapes.  Shows you how big a role the wine plays in our area.  I LOVE how there is still such a connection to the earth and Mother Nature.  Except, of course, when I get stuck behind a humongeous harvester on the road and he's only going 10 mph!

What I also LOVE, actually AM ENAMOURED WITH, is this bloom.


This is the prize over at The Creative Paper Trade for the current challenge #2.


You may recall my dilemma with the lavender colors, here.  Well this time I went to my fabric stash and it was easy peasy.  I love how this bloom turned out.

And the card.  Better than expected!  I used a freebie postcard digi from the site as well.  Check it here.


Have a fabulous weekend.



Supplies miss you:
Paper: cardbase Buttinette,  PP Ursus, digi papers Creative Paper Trade
Stamps: Paper Smooches
Ink: Versamagic, Versafine
Tools: scissors, needle & embroidery floss, sewing machine
Other: ribbon scrap, heart bead, felt


5 comments:

~amy~ said...

gorgeous.....love your bloom!

Geri said...

Now THIS is sweet!!! I absolutely love your shabby layers here, Maria...what you've done with Andrea's freebie image...and that adorable bloom!!! The layers on it are so pretty! WONDERFUL project packed with personality and character! So glad you're enjoying our challenges!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Susie W. said...

Beautiful card! Your bloom is so sweet.

Lisa Elton said...

LOVE what you've done here Maria! Layer upon layer of thoughtfully placed elements. So happy to see that you've used the free digi. And WOW girl did you do a bang up job on your bloom or what! SO happy to have you join us at The Creative Paper Trade!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I adore your card! I see you used the free digi and love it to pieces! And that pretty purple flower. Thank you for joining the CPT challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...