Monday, April 21, 2014

STAMPlorations sketch #10 (Time Out, DD)


It's time for a new sketch challenge at STAMPlorations. This is kind of a fun one.  Stumped me at first.


Used a stencil and acrylic paint to create a brick wall which I trimmed into two panels.


Before adhering the panels I stamped some splatters and splotches from Holiday Artsy and a sentiment from VIGNETTE: Chevron and Arrows, heat embossing the word "Great".  Something about the pink and gold with all that black makes me smile.

Will you join us for Sketch Challenge #10?  Hope to see you over at STAMPlorations.

I'm joining the fun at a new-to-me challenge, Time Out (what a great name for a cardmakers' playground), where the #3 theme is Birthday, although I have not made this with the masculine "twist".

And I'm going over to Dynamic Duos #99 where the colors are black, razzleberry and a touch of gold.  I think my pink is too pink, but oh well.

Hope your Easter was joyful.  Have a great week.



Supplies for have a great day:
Paper:  CS Bringmann
Stamps: STAMPlorations
Ink : Aladine, Delicata Gold
Tools: stencil Dutch Doobadoo
Other: acrylic paint

15 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

You do cool so well Maria!

Nonni said...

I agree with Tracey, very cool card! I love the color scheme and your trendy use of stencil and stamping. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT too! :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love that background - fun use of the sketch too!

Irish Cherokee said...

Black and pink are cool together. Nice card.

~amy~ said...

Lovin' the contrast of the bold black with the awesome bright PINK!

Julie Gearinger said...

Great take on the sketch and love the use of the brick stencil!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Dynamic Duos :-)

Anita in France said...

So cool, Maria ... fabulous bold black against the delicate pink and gold splatters and splotches! Anita :)

Angela said...

Maria, I LOVE your quirky, cool and clean designs! Thanks for visiting my blog.

sandie said...

Cool use of the stencil Maria and I love the way you used holiday artsy in this card. Oh and thanks for joining us at TIME OUT, hope you play along again, new challenge starts tomorrow x

Deepti said...

Love the way u used the stencil, and the BG with all the fun splatters looks gorgeous against the black bricks :)

shirley-bee said...

Urban cool! Love the black brick design!

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria. love the Street Art feel of your card. The brick wall looks amazing ... never thought I'd say that about a brick wall. LOL Have a great day! hugs Monika xxx

Lynn said...

What a super cool take on that sketch. Love the pop of hot pink against the black. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Lindsey said...

This is such a cool card. I had to stare at it a while just to soak it all in. It's awesome.

Kim S said...

This is really fun. I would never have put black, pink and gold together - but your bold black brick wall is a wonderful contrast to the pink and gold splatters! Very effective.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...