Wednesday, October 31, 2012

hugs (Moxie, SCS)

Hugs to all my blogland friends who happen to be suffering from the effects of Sandy.  It is so strange to be sitting here on the other side of the pond, wondering if you are all OK.  And what kind of damage has been done.  My parents are still dealing with high winds and high waters on the shores of Lake Huron.  And here I sit making cards.  Lucky me.  So big hugs...


Started with a  heart TP embellie I created.  Swiped paint across the raised letters and hand-stitched around the distressed edges.  Made the lacy pouf from tulle ribbon and added the heart bead to the center.  Stamped the notebook BG (have you seen this card from Virginia L.?) and a flourish before adhering the heart.

This is for HYCCT #1225B which was a tic tac toe challenge.  I used pink, lace and distress as my three elements.  And also for the Stitching & Sewing challenge over at Moxie Fab World.  Another great bunch of technique challenges going on over there.

Be safe, friends.



Supplies Hugs:
Paper: cardbase Papermania, 
Stamps: BG CHF, flourish Viva
Ink : Jenny Bowlin, Aladine
Tools: foam stamp to make TP embellie
Other: TP, paper napkin,  twine, paint, bead, tulle


4 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOVE that heart....the handstitching is thee perfect touch!!! Love the pouff of tulle too!

Karen B. said...

Such beautiful colors and textures on this card.

~amy~ said...

Perfect choice to link up! I love this one!!!!!!

Geri said...

That embellishment is awesome! (I couldn't get the tutorial to come up. It was trying but taking forever. I'll have to try again.) I didn't even see the raised hugs at first, but it adds the sweetest interest! Love the stitching, the little tulle pouff, your stamping...so much creativity to be inspired by in this, Maria...Love it! (Thanks for sharing Virginia's...it's awesome, too!) Thanks so much for linking this up with the CPT!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...