Monday, September 24, 2012

more fun on the first day of fall (LIM)

Got a new stamp.  Well, not just one.  Let me tell you it is worth its weight in gold.  Well, not really.  And it was a super pain to peel off the acetate sheet it came on... but that's a whole nother story.

Viva Decor.  A German company I believe.  Not expensive.  And they're hyping this model as "3D", which was the road I ventured down at first.  But you will not be seeing that card here.  Not now at least.  Cuz I found a much better way to use it.  IMO at least.

Check this.


I was just playing actually.  Stamping off onto the envelope of that card you aren't seeing here.  And I stumbled into this rose.  And when I turned the envelope I thought, "hey, I like that even better."   The rock-n-roll technique, recognize it?   Then I leafed through some other recent purchases (which are still not put away) and this Ali Edwards sentiment just seemed made for this image.

Like I said, IMO.

Less is More has a cool "Recipe" challenge.  You pick three of their past challenges.  I must admit I backed into this one, but hey.  One layer flower or tree.  Check.  Three stamps.  Check. (I combined two sentiment stamps.)  Off center.  Definitely.

Hope you like these colors cuz you'll be seeing them again.  Thanks for looking.



Supplies so sorry for your loss:
Paper: card base Papermania
Stamps: Viva Decor, sentiment Technique Tuesday
Ink: Distress Ink, Versafine
Tools: 
Other:




9 comments:

Hannelie said...

I love it!

Chrissie said...

What a great effect Maria.
Super card
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Mandi said...

What a fabulous rose
Great card Maria
Thank you
mandi
LIM

Kelly Griglione said...

Love, love the rose you created (by rotating it, right?) Super-clever Maria! And you're right, this sentiment goes perfectly with your image.

Linby said...

I love the effect you've achieved.
Linbyx

Susan said...

A fabulous rose! Great blend of colors...a wonderful card!

Colleen Dietrich said...

The rose looks fabulous the way you rock-and-rolled it, Maria! It reminds me of a rose (don't know the name of it) that grew outside my house when I was very small. Same tones, only I think the colors were reversed.

Colleen Dietrich said...

P.S.....found this photo of roses after I came to your blog today. Thought you'd like to see 'em! http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/09/pink-saturday-september-22-2012.html

lostinpaper said...

This is fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...