Monday, December 1, 2014

Mixed Media Card Challenge #6


This month's theme at The Mixed Media Card Challenge is "Home" with an optional element of "Lace". Why does that make me think of an old granny in her Victorian house?!?


Well, my stash of dies doesn't include many houses, so I went with this one from PTI's Love Lives Here set and the trees from City Scene. Added some artificial snow (man that stuff gets all over the place!) and embossing paste stencilled through SSS Falling Stars to the sky which I watercolored.

For a bit more texture I dry embossed my kraft cardbase with a doily (kinda like lace, right?) embossing folder from Crate Paper and then inked over it lightly to make the impressions pop.

A sentiment from STAMPlorations Joyful on a tag accompanied by a perching cardinal from Impression Obsession finish off my card.

I think I managed a mixed media card that's still kinda CAS ;) Check out the DT's fabulous creations and show us your take on "Home". If you need a refresher, here's the deal on what makes a card a mixed media card. Basically, it's about TEXTURE, DIMENSION and TECHNIQUES. The challenge runs until December 25th.

I'm joining the Anything Goes fun over at:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge 
Uniko Studio

17 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!

Shelly said...

This is so sweet! Love the touch of snow!

sandie said...

There is so much detail here and so much lovely texture, I really like the added snow and great to see yo at Uniko x

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Maria, the snowy accents are fabulous!

Deepti said...

So lovely, I like the soft sky with silver stars :)

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet little house under your pretty starry sky Maria!

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love how the sky seems to be glowing - gorgeous snowy scene with a very cute house!
Ps: the link took me to the wrong post :)

Anita in France said...

Such a sweet scene, Maria ... love that heart at the centre of the home! Anita :)

Jamie said...

Love this! Great card as usual:)

Loll said...

Fabulous winter scene Maria ... love the snow on the rooftop and tree tops ... and the heart on the house --- adorable! Loll xx

Susanne Vargas said...

Love it!

cm said...

I want to pack my bags to go spend some time in that sweet cabin in the woods! The pretty heart tells me it will be inviting, warm and cozy inside, and the gently falling snowflakes speak of tranquility. Yes, I want to go visit...
~c

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful scene! Love the great texture!

Beverley said...

Fabulously festive. Thank you for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge. Hugs Bev x

Far North said...

What peaceful card! Love your big beautiful sky! The doily card base is wonderful.

Teresa Kline said...

hi Maria! this is precious, I adore the glittery trees! I am so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Nicki S said...

Very pretty!! Thanks for playing along in the Uniko Studio challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...