Thursday, October 11, 2012

subway art - how not to do it (Ellen Hutson, Hero Arts)

Quick one here to tell you how I anguished over the Holiday Greetings challenge at the Classroom at Ellen Hutson.  Let me tell you, Julie E. is a genius.  Not to mention she had a fabulous set of sentiment stamps to work with.  IMO Technique Tuesday has some of the best.

My clean and graphic heart loves subway art.  At first glance it seems it would be easy.  Let me tell you, after an hour (OK more) of pulling out all my Christmas sentiment stamps and trying different combos and layouts - I GAVE UP.  I'm usually not a giver-upper!  The fact that there are not a lot of entries in this category leads me to think that maybe others felt similarly...

I resorted to some reflected sentiments a la Papertrey Make it Monday a few weeks back.  And even there, I failed.  Largely due to some clear stamp/dye ink issues, but since it was nearly midnight I added some hexagons in Lemon Whip (one of my fave Amuse Studio inks - it can do light yellow or just barely there ivory well) and red glitter holly berries to try to save the situation.  Have a look at how not to do it ;)


The only good thing about this card is the pine boughs.  Love that Hero Arts stamp.

Thanks for looking.  BTW, I'm done with the Ellen Hutson challenges.  Won't be bombarding your reader anymore...



Supplies Noel:
Paper: card base Papermania,  
Stamps: bough Hero Arts,  sentiment 7 Gypsies, TPC Studio
Ink: Jenny Bowlin, Versamagic
Tools: acetate for reflection stamping
Other: glitter glue



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it Maria! The mirror stamping is perfect. The pine boughs are pretty too. I haven't participated in any WCMD challenges except for the one tied to the Lawnscaping challenge lol. I'm not a brave crafter ;)

Jinny Newlin said...

I think you're being too hard on yourself, Maria. It's tough to get those transparencies to stamp just perfect. They're just not made for it, but what a great technique! And I think your hexagons and glitter berries are perfect finishing touches to a beautiful creation!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Jinny; you are being too hard--I think this is MARVELOUS! Trying ANYTHING new is always a challenge, in my book! And I think you did fabby! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...