Friday, September 7, 2012

you are special (PDCC, CFC)



When, to my chagrin I realized that I was too late for the last Play Date Cafe challenge, I was at least thrilled to see a new color combo that really spoke to me.  Look at this beauty.


This definitely has feminine elements, but it's not too girly for me.  What did I pick up on (easier to ask what not!)?  Feathers, textures, stormy gray, twine, flowers, tiny gray polka dots.  Oh yeah.  Meet "you are special".


Began by grabbing a tag (used to be a Basic Grey stamp package ), one of the chipboard pieces I've been creating (less to have to put away).  It's painted white, dry embossed with woodgrain and stamped with zebra print.  Added a looped flower made out of DD old jeans.  And a feather (thank you birds nesting under our eaves).  And some buttons (one of felt for more texture) and twine.  And a "you" cut from cereal box and colored with Jenny Bowlin inkpad.  And a heart border, cut, embossed and painted.  And a scrunchy ribbon in pale peach. And a gray card base that I stamped with tiny polka dots with "r special" on the inside.  Oh, and the specks of dust on the card (thank you bright sunshine) are extra just for you!

Also entering the CASual Friday embossing challenge.



Hope you likey.  Be warned...  I've another idea brewing...



Supplies you are special:
Paper: CS Ursus, recycled chipboard
Stamps: Rubbernecker
Ink: Distress Ink, Jenny Bowlin
Tools:  embossing folder Craft Concepts, "you" die Sizzix,  border die PTI, button die Marianne Creatables
Other:  buttons, twine, seam binding, jeans, feather

10 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

I think it's beautiful! YOu're on a roll, Maria. :) I was happy to see you playing at CAS-ual Fridays and A Blog Named Hero, where I linked up today.

Piali said...

Beautiful card!! Great details! Thanks for sharing with us @ CASual Fridays this week!

Alicia said...

Loving that denim flower. Thanks for coming out to play with us at The Cafe!

anya said...

Lovely! What a great combination of elements - so much texture here! So glad that you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

~amy~ said...

love all the details and the denim bloom! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn said...

I just love your mixed media style! You've combined so many different textures and types of elements, I love it!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Super cool card! I LOVE the mix of elements! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Kimberly said...

Maria - that IS a lovely color combination, and you executed it so beautifully! Love the denim! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Christina said...

There is so much wonderful texture on this card. I especially love the felt button and heart banner. Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...