Wednesday, May 23, 2018

make a rainbow wish

When the stars  rainbows align...

DD's 20th is this weekend, the CAS Watercolor challenge is ending shortly and I just got a gorgeous new die to play with. Ready?

distress inks
Pinkfresh Studio washi

I realize my ink-smooshed "rainbow" got a bit washed out. The yellow, blue, magenta turned into peach, blue, magenta. I think it's dreamy nonetheless.

I spritzed the panel with perfect pearls/water mix so it really shimmers. Added a strip of washi to my cardbase for a nice touch of gold. I used foam adhesive under the panel but then spent 15 minutes putting little pieces under all those little edges of the letters. (Next time I might die cut fun foam to make things easier.) I wanted the panel raised a bit to allow for some shadow play in the sentiment area...

Hope you likey. Have a great day!

I'm joining these fun challenges:
CAS Watercolor - May

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Inspired by a Song (When you wish upon a star...)
Seize the Birthday - It's Just a Number (my "20" is part of the inside sentiment)
STAMPlorations - Never ending AG

8 comments:

Loll said...

Me likey very much! :) Another fantastic rainbow card, Maria. Love the softnes of your colours. And what a beautiful large sentiment die. Cool! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Shery Russ said...

gorgeous background! love the soft, dreamy vibe it gives :o) (and i'm so glad you got your stash!)

Susan said...

You're right - you did end up with lovely dreamy colours! So pretty. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

Anita in France said...

I more than likey, Maria ... I lovey! Dreamy was the first word that popped into my head ... oh, and soft and gorgeous! Love that delicate little touch of gold along the bottom edge ... adds glamour to the dreaminess! Enjoy your DD's celebrations this weekend ... Happy Birthday to her! Hugs, Anita :)

Bonnie said...

These colors are dreamy and beautiful together, Maria! A perfect spot for this fun die! Thanks for sharing with us again at CAS Watercolour!

Kara Lynne said...

I was thinking, "how dreamy!", and then you said it! Such a gorgeous card, Maria, and perfect for your DD's 20th.

Marina said...

Beautiful!

Barbara said...

love your watercolor card, colors are so soft and beautiful!Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...