Monday, May 21, 2018

CUTplorations may - reminder

Popping in with a reminder that our celebration of Spring with a Things with Wings party over at the May CUTplorations challenge at STAMPlorations is still going on.  Have you linked up yet? Here's the inspiration graphic.


Did you see my first card? Well today's card used some leftovers from that card. Would you agree is somewhat of an optical illusion? It's busy, that's for sure.

distress inks
computer generated sentiment

So in my first card I mentioned that the solid white butterfly was actually inlaid into the cover plate die cut... Well that filigrane butterfly you see here is actually the portion I die cut out of the swiped-with-distress-ink cover plate die cut I used for my first card. It's glued onto a solid butterfly. Which is glued on top of the cover plate die cut. The PC-generated sentiment snippets are tucked beneath it. And some of the random little colorful bits that I couldn't bear to toss are inlaid into the plain white cover plate die cut (which I adhered with spray adhesive. First time I tried that and man does it save time!) Somehow the gradient colors and the hint of layers gives me an optical illusion feel...

Here are both my cards:


Hope you'll join us for some die cutting fun this month over at the CUTplorations challenge. Link up  a project based on our inspiration using at least one die cut. Your project might be chosen as a winner of a $15 GC to the shop. There's more inspiration from the CUTplorations DT here.

And don't forget about my STAMPlorations discount code STAMPGIRLMARIA for 20% off should you feel a shopping spree coming on ;)

I'm joining these challenges:
Twofer - Butterflies (probably not really what the ladies at Twofer are looking for, but I'm taking these over there anyhoo...)
TimeOut - #109 "blossom(s)"

6 comments:

Joyce said...

This is so beautiful and fun. Love the collage look. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Anita in France said...

Such delicious rainbow colours, Maria ... and two such different looks from that fabulous cover plate and delicate butterfly! The first has a light, dreamy, airy feel to it ... and that second one is bold and bright and dramatic in an oh so pretty way! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer and at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

desperatehousewifecraft said...

Gorgeous card Maria, I love how you partially coloured the 2nd card with the negatives of the first card, brilliant idea! Hugs, Gwendolyn

Kara Lynne said...

I'm so glad you shared these in the Twofer gallery, Maria! You used the pieces of one to fill in the other, but made two totally different looking cards. That, to me, is a true twofer. They are both beautiful, vibrant, and fun! Thanks for joining us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Darnell said...

First, thank you for calling me a lady, Maria! You know how your brain always leaves me in awe! You have such an eye for design and you know how to use snippets and color and dimension to build your layouts effectively and that really shows with these amazing butterfly cards!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #5! Hugs, Darnell

Gerrina said...

Both cards are so colourful and sunny; I really like that! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...